From: Sara on
In article <1jlokmp.ith41c167lj1rN%black.hole(a)jonbradbury.com>,
black.hole(a)jonbradbury.com (Jon B) wrote:

> Sara <saramerriman(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > In article <1jlmql0.aje6ir1i14ie8N%black.hole(a)jonbradbury.com>,
> > black.hole(a)jonbradbury.com (Jon B) wrote:
> >
> > > Cheers. Noted for further ref. Would be interested in knowing final
> > > choice & how it goes.
> >
> > No probs - I'll make sure to post when the cogs have finally finished
> > turning. Assuming I'm not in gaol for salesman-murder.
>
> That's understandable, we've stuck with same copier brand for 10yrs as
> sales rep was the only one that didn't patter with a bunch of BS and
> just leaves you be unless you actually call him.

Heaven! We'll need a new copier one of these days too, but I can't face
that just now.

--
Sara

Run out of ideas for a sig for the moment
From: Justin C on
In article <saramerriman-232F53.17281015072010(a)news.individual.net>, Sara wrote:
> In article <1jlokmp.ith41c167lj1rN%black.hole(a)jonbradbury.com>,
> black.hole(a)jonbradbury.com (Jon B) wrote:
>
>> Sara <saramerriman(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>> > No probs - I'll make sure to post when the cogs have finally finished
>> > turning. Assuming I'm not in gaol for salesman-murder.
>>
>> That's understandable, we've stuck with same copier brand for 10yrs as
>> sales rep was the only one that didn't patter with a bunch of BS and
>> just leaves you be unless you actually call him.
>
> Heaven! We'll need a new copier one of these days too, but I can't face
> that just now.

I'm dreading the day that the current one decides that it can't go on
anymore. It's done about 1.5 million copies so far; far, far in excess
of other users of the same machine according to the engineer. He puts it
down to the fact that we use it more for network printing than actual
copying, it's the document feeder that goes first he says.

I wholly recommend the Sharp AR range of mono network printers to anyone
looking for that kind of device. The offset/saddle-stitch finisher and
double sided features were all Mac compatible out of the box. All good
stuff.

I think we'd buy another one when this one dies.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.
From: Jon B on
Justin C <justin.1007(a)purestblue.com> wrote:

> In article <saramerriman-232F53.17281015072010(a)news.individual.net>, Sara
> wrote: > In article <1jlokmp.ith41c167lj1rN%black.hole(a)jonbradbury.com>, >
> black.hole(a)jonbradbury.com (Jon B) wrote: >

> >> That's understandable, we've stuck with same copier brand for 10yrs as
> >> sales rep was the only one that didn't patter with a bunch of BS and
> >> just leaves you be unless you actually call him.
> >
> > Heaven! We'll need a new copier one of these days too, but I can't face
> > that just now.
>
> I'm dreading the day that the current one decides that it can't go on
> anymore. It's done about 1.5 million copies so far; far, far in excess
> of other users of the same machine according to the engineer. He puts it
> down to the fact that we use it more for network printing than actual
> copying, it's the document feeder that goes first he says.
>
> I wholly recommend the Sharp AR range of mono network printers to anyone
> looking for that kind of device. The offset/saddle-stitch finisher and
> double sided features were all Mac compatible out of the box. All good
> stuff.

We've been putting double that through the Konica machines we've had,
first one did 5 million! Always been Mac compatible, changed how print
in 9-5 as brought most of stuff in house. Saddle stichers damned useful,
as is the built in hole punch unit.
--
Jon B
Above email address IS valid.
From: Justin C on
On 2010-07-15, Jon B <black.hole(a)jonbradbury.com> wrote:
> Justin C <justin.1007(a)purestblue.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <saramerriman-232F53.17281015072010(a)news.individual.net>, Sara
>> wrote: > In article <1jlokmp.ith41c167lj1rN%black.hole(a)jonbradbury.com>, >

>> > Heaven! We'll need a new copier one of these days too, but I can't face
>> > that just now.
>>
>> I'm dreading the day that the current one decides that it can't go on
>> anymore. It's done about 1.5 million copies so far; far, far in excess
>> of other users of the same machine according to the engineer. He puts it
>> down to the fact that we use it more for network printing than actual
>> copying, it's the document feeder that goes first he says.
>>
>> I wholly recommend the Sharp AR range of mono network printers to anyone
>> looking for that kind of device. The offset/saddle-stitch finisher and
>> double sided features were all Mac compatible out of the box. All good
>> stuff.
>>

> We've been putting double that through the Konica machines we've had,
> first one did 5 million! Always been Mac compatible, changed how print
> in 9-5 as brought most of stuff in house. Saddle stichers damned useful,
> as is the built in hole punch unit.

It's all come a long way. When I started here we used to print two reams
of one page, flip the paper and then print the other side. Then we'd do
the same for the next pages and collate them all by hand afterwards. A
finisher unit with 20 bins was luxury. Then came the RDF (recycling
document feeder) and the finisher that could hold 100 copies - but after
100 times through the RDF the originals were knackered and we had to
replace them. Now it's just a case of printing the PDF. Lovely.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.