From: Peter Ceresole on
Woody <usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk> wrote:

> > What is a 'site bat handset' pls?
>
> How do *you* communicate with your site bat then?

You whistle at it in a supersonic way.
--
Peter
From: Chris Ridd on
On 2010-07-14 16:54:36 +0100, Bella Jones said:

> Sara <saramerriman(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I'm down to a choice of three hardware options or a fully hosted IP
>> system - no hardware on site bat handsets. Scary, but interesting idea.
>
> What is a 'site bat handset' pls?

Something Adam West has in the batcave.
--
Chris

From: Bruce Horrocks on
On 14/07/2010 17:29, Chris Ridd wrote:
> On 2010-07-14 16:54:36 +0100, Bella Jones said:
>
>> Sara <saramerriman(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm down to a choice of three hardware options or a fully hosted IP
>>> system - no hardware on site bat handsets. Scary, but interesting idea.
>>
>> What is a 'site bat handset' pls?
>
> Something Adam West has in the batcave.

If you're not careful, there'll be a utility belt round the ear for someone.

--
Bruce Horrocks
Surrey
From: Elliott Roper on
In article <1jlmr41.kqjio41pc6jhpN%peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk>, Peter
Ceresole <peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Woody <usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > > What is a 'site bat handset' pls?
> >
> > How do *you* communicate with your site bat then?
>
> You whistle at it in a supersonic way.

While hanging upside down on the wall next to your Siemens HiPath.

PS We had an excellent time with one of Splicecom's ancestors 'Network
Alchemy'. We had their ISDN primary rate Argent Office box doing quite
excellent magic on VMS. That included managing data calls on ISDN 30
for everyone doing support from home. No fuss, excellent support and
pretty good software. The early Splicecom Maximiser had rather limited
capability for managing calls from VMS in the detail we required and we
lost interest. I bet it is better now.
<furtle>

Oh yes. I like the XS living inside an Xserve!

--
To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$
PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7 637F 896B C810 E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248
From: zoara on
Sara <saramerriman(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <saramerriman-584FC0.15023114072010(a)news.individual.net>,
> Sara <saramerriman(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> I'm down to a choice of three hardware options or a fully hosted IP
>> system - no hardware on site bat handsets. Scary, but interesting
> > idea.
> ^^^
>
> That should have been a 'but'. I sort of like the idea of bat handsets
>
> though.

They only come in red, and they only call one number. The flashlight app
is pretty cool though.

-z-

--
email: nettid1 at fastmail dot fm