From: nospam on
In article <1e5pe59h80kq2nlqgruc0e61nvaadee69g(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> "Assumes facts not in evidence": (allegedly) more adequate tool,
> when the available evidence indicates otherwise. ;)
>
> You must feel very threatened.

the only person threatened is you, since you keep at this.
From: Neil Harrington on

"John Navas" <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 15:43:09 -0400, "Neil Harrington"
> <secret(a)illumnati.net> wrote in
> <jvmdnRzFE7qDDnHXnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d(a)giganews.com>:
>
>>John Navas wrote:
>>> On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 13:52:50 -0400, "Neil Harrington"
>>> <secret(a)illumnati.net> wrote in

>>> Just the opposite -- if you haven't needed a dSLR for that many
>>> marketable images, then there would seem little point to buying one.
>>
>>The successful craftsman would naturally have bought the more adequate
>>tool
>>long before reaching that number of efforts.
>
> "Assumes facts not in evidence": (allegedly) more adequate tool,
> when the available evidence indicates otherwise. ;)

The "available evidence" shows beyond any shadow of a doubt that the
overwhelming majority of serious photographers, whether professional or
advanced amateur, prefer SLRs for their most serious work. That *you*
believe *all* these other people are misguided, is understood. Your fervent
belief in this does not change reality one iota.

> You must feel very threatened.

That looks like projection to me, John. *I* am not the one who's championing
a type of camera that the vast majority of photographers know to be inferior
to the SLR. *You* are. Your feeling threatened by being part of a very tiny
minority is understandable, but it's useless to try to project your feeling
onto the other side.

From: nospam on
In article <xv-dnQBVmNmFRHHXnZ2dnUVZ_oidnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, Neil

> >>The successful craftsman would naturally have bought the more adequate
> >>tool
> >>long before reaching that number of efforts.
> >
> > "Assumes facts not in evidence": (allegedly) more adequate tool,
> > when the available evidence indicates otherwise. ;)
>
> The "available evidence" shows beyond any shadow of a doubt that the
> overwhelming majority of serious photographers, whether professional or
> advanced amateur, prefer SLRs for their most serious work. That *you*
> believe *all* these other people are misguided, is understood. Your fervent
> belief in this does not change reality one iota.
>
> > You must feel very threatened.
>
> That looks like projection to me, John. *I* am not the one who's championing
> a type of camera that the vast majority of photographers know to be inferior
> to the SLR. *You* are. Your feeling threatened by being part of a very tiny
> minority is understandable, but it's useless to try to project your feeling
> onto the other side.

well said.
From: John McWilliams on
nospam wrote:

>>> "Assumes facts not in evidence": (allegedly) more adequate tool,
>>> when the available evidence indicates otherwise. ;)
>> The "available evidence" shows beyond any shadow of a doubt that the
>> overwhelming majority of serious photographers, whether professional or
>> advanced amateur, prefer SLRs for their most serious work. That *you*
>> believe *all* these other people are misguided, is understood. Your fervent
>> belief in this does not change reality one iota.
>>
>>> You must feel very threatened.
>> That looks like projection to me, John. *I* am not the one who's championing
>> a type of camera that the vast majority of photographers know to be inferior
>> to the SLR. *You* are. Your feeling threatened by being part of a very tiny
>> minority is understandable, but it's useless to try to project your feeling
>> onto the other side.
>
> well said.

yabbut, can youse guys spit the hook out now??

--
john mcwilliams
From: Bob Larter on
Curiouser and Curiouser wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 14:30:03 +1000, Bob Larter <bobbylarter(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Curiouser and Curiouser wrote:
>>> I'm a well accomplished professional. 50,000 photos on some years is not
>>> out of the question, >75% of that being of marketable quality.
>> And yet you can't show us a single one of them. Imagine that.
>
> On checking my "Scrapshots that beat DSLRs" folder, I find 14 images that I
> posted this year

ROTFL! - I saw most of those images, & they weren't all that good for
P&S shots, much less DSLR shots.

PS: No, screwing with the follow-ups line won't work on me.