From: Bob Larter on
Bob Larter is Lionel Lauer - Look it up. wrote:
> [...]
>> themselves) concrete stance. They will loudly and incessantly claim that
>> some camera does not have a feature, when in fact a large range of cameras,
>> sometimes all of those styles of cameras do indeed have that feature or
>> capability. They would instantly know this if they would only go out and
>> test it for themselves with real cameras. But no, to them they have
>> imagined something about some equipment that they've never touched which is
>> nothing but a total fabrication in their own minds. Believing their
>> imaginations as if it is some kind of fact. Like any psychotic religious
>> zealot would.
>>
>> What causes them to do this? I've never commented on nor given advice about
>> anything in life other than that with which I have had first-hand knowledge
>> and experience of my own in that field. If I haven't personally tested
>> something for myself, then I am in no position to make comments about it.
>> Even reading about something doesn't mean what I am reading is true
>> representation of whatever might be in question. I MUST test things for
>> myself before I feel I can comment on anything with any sense of authority
>> whatsoever. I also never strongly rely on some "credible"(?) 3rd-party's
>> review of photography equipment. I learned long ago after having purchased
>> equipment that even those well-meaning reviewers failed to understand how
>> to use a camera, a feature of that camera, or other equipment properly. Or
>> their simplified testing methods to begin with had huge faults in them.
>> (GIGO) Which I only discovered later when my findings didn't match their
>> findings, and I started to wonder why. Their testing methods were to blame.
>>
>> So what causes this need for people to pretend to be authorities on things
>> that they have no real knowledge about?
>>
>> Are they just psychotic trolls? And I'm not using the term "psychotic"
>> pejoratively. I believe they really are psychotic if they can so adamantly
>> believe what they say, when in fact, reality and genuine experience proves
>> them out to be in complete error. If so, if that's all they are, psychotic
>> trolls, they seem to be wall-to-wall in these newsgroups. Far more in
>> abundance than those who have genuine experience and knowledge about the
>> subjects at hand.
>
> We all wait with bated breath for your non-troll response. (Apostrophe left
> off of "bated" to see how many apostrophe-trolls are in abundance.)
>
> Since you failed to address or answer the question, there it is again. Any
> further off-topic trolling without addressing the question and you will
> prove, beyond all doubt, that you are nothing but an ignorant troll, again.
> It's just that simple.
>
> Sucks to be you, doesn't it.
>

> Bob Larter's legal name: Lionel Lauer
> Home news-group, an actual group in the "troll-tracker" hierarchy:
> alt.kook.lionel-lauer
> Registered Description: the "owner of several troll domains" needs a group where he'll stay on topic.

Looks like I've got a new fanboy. Aw, how cute.

From: George Kerby on

On 10/31/09 1:00 PM, in article 192pe5llhv99rics2rdb7jfhqjr31j0n3c(a)4ax.com,
"John Navas" <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 13:52:50 -0400, "Neil Harrington"
> <secret(a)illumnati.net> wrote in
> <Q4GdnZoVv9Pe5HHXnZ2dnUVZ_uqdnZ2d(a)giganews.com>:
>
>> Bob Larter wrote:
>>>
>>> And yet you can't show us a single one of them. Imagine that.
>>
>> If he could really produce 37,500+ "marketable" photos in a year, you'd
>> think he'd have bought a DSLR by this time.
>
> Just the opposite -- if you haven't needed a dSLR for that many
> marketable images, then there would seem little point to buying one.

NavASS, you are showing your sock again.

From: George Kerby on

On 10/31/09 6:41 PM, in article
xv-dnQBVmNmFRHHXnZ2dnUVZ_oidnZ2d(a)giganews.com, "Neil Harrington"
<secret(a)illumnati.net> wrote:

> "John Navas" <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 15:43:09 -0400, "Neil Harrington"
>> <secret(a)illumnati.net> wrote in
>> <jvmdnRzFE7qDDnHXnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d(a)giganews.com>:

>>> The successful craftsman would naturally have bought the more adequate
>>> tool
>>> long before reaching that number of efforts.
>>
>> "Assumes facts not in evidence": (allegedly) more adequate tool,
>> when the available evidence indicates otherwise. ;)
>
> The "available evidence" shows beyond any shadow of a doubt that the
> overwhelming majority of serious photographers, whether professional or
> advanced amateur, prefer SLRs for their most serious work. That *you*
> believe *all* these other people are misguided, is understood. Your fervent
> belief in this does not change reality one iota.
>

>> You must feel very threatened.
>
> That looks like projection to me, John. *I* am not the one who's championing
> a type of camera that the vast majority of photographers know to be inferior
> to the SLR. *You* are. Your feeling threatened by being part of a very tiny
> minority is understandable, but it's useless to try to project your feeling
> onto the other side.

He projects the troll persona, why not another?

From: John Navas on
On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 20:41:43 -0400, "Neil Harrington"
<secret(a)illumnati.net> wrote in
<xv-dnQBVmNmFRHHXnZ2dnUVZ_oidnZ2d(a)giganews.com>:

>"John Navas" <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in message

>> "Assumes facts not in evidence": (allegedly) more adequate tool,
>> when the available evidence indicates otherwise. ;)
>
>The "available evidence" shows beyond any shadow of a doubt that the
>overwhelming majority of serious photographers, whether professional or
>advanced amateur, prefer SLRs for their most serious work.

The available evidence actually shows the majority of cameras currently
used by "serious" photographers to be non-SLR, as in the past, when
famous pros preferred simple rangefinder cameras over SLRs.

>That *you*
>believe *all* these other people are misguided, is understood. Your fervent
>belief in this does not change reality one iota.

Putting words in my mouth again. Why am I not surprised.
The sure sign of someone with nothing more persuasive to say.

>> You must feel very threatened.
>
>That looks like projection to me, John. *I* am not the one who's championing
>a type of camera that the vast majority of photographers know to be inferior
>to the SLR. *You* are. Your feeling threatened by being part of a very tiny
>minority is understandable, but it's useless to try to project your feeling
>onto the other side.

You have that backwards.

--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams
From: Neil Harrington on

"Bob Larter" <bobbylarter(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Curiouser and Curiouser wrote:
>> On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 14:30:03 +1000, Bob Larter <bobbylarter(a)gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> And yet you can't show us a single one of them. Imagine that.
>>
>> On checking my "Scrapshots that beat DSLRs" folder, I find 14 images that
>> posted this year
>
> ROTFL! - I saw most of those images, & they weren't all that good for P&S
> shots, much less DSLR shots.
>
> PS: No, screwing with the follow-ups line won't work on me.

I'm glad you pointed that out. I tend not to notice that sort of sleazy
trick. This jerk seems determined to be as much of a pest as he can, in
every way he can.