First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Internet companies could be forced to track you
z1 wrote... http://www.news.com.au/technology/internet-companies-could-be-forced-to-track-you/story-e6frfro0-1225878467822 Internet companies could be forced to track you And after SMH's request for an FoI on this, they got a report that was 90% censored, with the pubic servant responsible for this, som... 24 Jul 2010 05:51
Multifunction printer
Andy wrote... This solution works for any of the other numerous problems Lexmark printers are plagued by, too. Just found this. We had a Lexmark MFC. It worked well. Was networked, could do faxes. Had a few nifty features too such as detailed logs, caller ID reports and so on. But at times if an ink t... 26 Jul 2010 10:30
Q Windows Mail
A friend is using Windows Mail on his laptop, which has Vista as the OS. He also uses Mail Washer as a filter. Mailwasher can't find, Windows Mail to launch.(neither can I) What is or where is Windows Mail .exe file within Vista? thanks ... 23 Jul 2010 23:28
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE 500 I.T. JOBS IN THE COURIER MAIL EVERY WEEK FOR 10 YEARS?
On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 20:06:41 +1000, "|-|ercules" <radgray123(a)yahoo.com> wrote: I told you they were fake. Now there's only 4 per week, similar to the amount of I.T. jobs Perth newspapers have always had. Are they going to reimburse the 10,000 Asian students who paid $20,000 pa tuition fees for an I.T. de... 24 Jul 2010 12:18
iNote purchase advise needed
Looking at the iNote Notetaker - looks interesting. Anyone here have one, and if so, what do you think? Thank you for any help given Katherine ... 25 Jul 2010 21:38
Black box inventor David Warren dies at 85
Black box inventor David Warren dies at 85 July 22nd, 2010 THE TERRITORY-born inventor of the black box flight recorder has died. David Warren died, aged 85, at a Melbourne nursing home on Monday. He was involved in investigating the crash in 1953 of the world's first commercial jet airliner, the Comet, as ... 22 Jul 2010 19:06
How 100 Mbps broadband will rock your world
Makes you want the NBN. Residents at Point Cook near Melbourne have stopped queuing large downloads and started bringing on-demand movies down the pipe in under 15 minutes after swapping "abysmal" ADSL1 connections for superfast broadband. Three of the 1,500 residents in the coverage area of Telstra's f... 20 Jul 2010 20:09
Workgroup Names - moving from Network to Network
Our home network has the name "WORKGROUP". However, we have the laptops which may be used elsewhere. If the other networks don't have the same name then network connectivity is limited. At our place all wireless devices connect via dynamic addresses with a Netgear wireless router functioning as a DHCP server. ... 21 Jul 2010 10:13
Disabling the trackpad on a laptop
I've got an MSI Wind U100 Netbook here. I keep on brushing the trackpad when typing, so text is changed, cursor position shifted and other uncommanded actions. I've searched Device Manager and Control Panel to see if there's a way to disable the trackpad but without luck. If I could disable it, that would make... 18 Jul 2010 00:55
Assigned USB drive letter - can't change
On one PC at work I can't use my thumbdrive. It somehow wants to assign to itself Drive F. However, Drive F is a networked drive. I can disconnect that drive via Explorer, then pop the thumbdrive in. It's then accepted and seen as Drive F. It only does this on one PC. All other PCs that I use at work will see i... 18 Jul 2010 23:29