First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
GSM Encryption
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091230/ap_on_hi_te/eu_germany_phone_code The article is the typical mumbo-jumbo one would expect - but interesting nonetheless. Can this guy get in trouble in Europe for this - like jail and huge fines? ... 6 Jan 2010 09:13
New mode for AES: "Packet Mode"
Hello, For packet/communication protocols a new mode for block ciphers (like AES) might be interesting. The new mode/idea is a slight alteration of the CBC mode (Cipher-block chaining). The problem with CBC mode is that it requires an initialization vector IV. This is unwanted in communication/packet pr... 24 Jan 2010 05:43
SK_ASCII - Scalar Key Cryptography - Cipher
This cryptography is based entirely on a piece of applied modular arithmetic. The recent reference by me to the Vigenere square being the inspiration for this cryptography is a personal anecdotal connection that should be forgotten now, there is no mathematical or scientific reason for continuing it any other co... 1 Jan 2010 07:35
Cryptography Researcher: Increase Your Research Productivity with the Leading Web 2.0 Research Portal
Dear Cryptography Researcher, Web 2.0 research portals are the newest and best approach to increasing your research productivity. I created MyNetResearch.com to bring about efficient research management and easier collaborations, and it has quickly grown to over 11,500 members from 95 countries. With MyNetRes... 30 Dec 2009 00:07
Stream ciphers
Hi, I'm not an expert but it looks like the canonical description of a stream cipher boils down to "a PRNG which generates a keystream, which is XOR-ed with plaintext to produce the ciphertext". This has some obvious downsides mostly caused by the XOR step. Is there some fundamental problem that prohibits desi... 12 Jan 2010 08:08
Nothing is Hid – All will be revealed-2
Scalable key cryptography is an adaptation of the Vigenere Cipher of old. In the original cipher the square is docked in the fourth quadrant of the XY plane. I now decide to undock it from there and translate it around the fourth quarter in equal distances from the X axis and the Y axis. The upshot of doing this... 29 Dec 2009 07:30
Nothing is Hid - All Shall be revealed
rossum wrote: When Bruce Schneier wrote his first "Hello World!" program it came to 11 bytes of assembler. http://www.schneierfacts.com/ :-) "For Bruce Schneier, SHA-1 is merely a compression algorithm." "Bruce Schneier's first program was encrypt world." ... 29 Dec 2009 04:16
A Dissembler to Remember
Who does the Bamboozler Kruh think he is now fooling? Children? The infirm? Does he think that perpetuating the falsehoods in his Beale Cipher papers is serving some higher purpose? Perhaps he could explain that purpose for the unenlightened. BTW, this Kruh doesn't occupy any position of responsibility and tru... 28 Dec 2009 14:05
How to find out the entropy of my keyfile?
I am faced with the following problem. Today I read Truecrypt manual from A-Z and I see that they recommend the first 1024 bits of the keyfile to have enough entropy. I have already encrypted sensitive information on a CD, that data is to be opened with a keyfile but I do not know if the keyfile I have chose... 29 Dec 2009 03:12
Entropy of a password
Hello all, I want to calculate the strength of the password. But my question is related to the entropy of the characters. So I have the program that calculates the frequencies of the symbols, single character, bigrams, word starting and ending chars. I want to calculate the entropy of the given password based ... 28 Dec 2009 23:58