First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
length of pw
"Short passwords are vulnerable because every permutation of the 95 possible characters can be tried. A five-character password has only 95^5 or about 7.7 billion possible combinations." 7.7billion is good enough for me. Only a high tech foe would even attempt to try a brute force attack. which would take too l... 2 Mar 2010 08:59
Call for papers: ISP-10, Orlando, USA, July 2010
It would be highly appreciated if you could share this announcement with your colleagues, students and individuals whose research is in information security, cryptography, privacy, and related areas. Call for papers: ISP-10, Orlando, USA, July 2010 The 2010 International Conference on Information Security and P... 21 Feb 2010 18:17
Very new to GPG, two questions.
Hi, complete noob here. I have a dual boot system, Windows/Linux, on which I generated my GPG key pair in Windows. After exporting both the public and private keys and importing them into GPG on Linux, I get the following message when trying to encrypt a message with myself as recipient: "It is NOT certain that ... 21 Feb 2010 20:31
My BLT
Recognizing BLT Ciphertext. One of the most difficult to solve but highly portable entries into the category of quick, portable, and better-than-nothing pincil & paper ciphers is my BLT Cipher. The machine verson automatically adheres to a standard which might make BLT suspect as the cipher from its ciphertext ... 10 Mar 2010 08:35
Crypt ascii text in file
On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 07:27:33 -0500, ?Ari ? <AriSilverstein(a)army.com> wrote: On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 15:27:10 +0100, Rafael wrote: I looking for a free program for WinXP that cryptic ascii text into a file.txt, with algorithms robust and one or more keyfile. The program should read contents of file.... 9 Mar 2010 22:39
A 3D pattern found in Prime Number sums - using the golden ratio log!
<rom126(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:nr9pn5ph2blkqbsbjl6gfuu68h4dr6ckkj(a)4ax.com... Subj: A 3D pattern found in Prime Number sums - using the golden ratio log! I have found a pattern in prime sums by assuming Prime Numbers are volumetric and examining them using Lp, the log of the... 20 Feb 2010 22:26
An ECC game
Hi, assume we are playing the following ECC-k game: A chooses a random number s from the range 0..2^k as secret key B can choose n k-bit elliptic curves and corresponding public points (ECC_i, P_i, i=1..n). The chossen elliptic curves can be arbitrary but must be cryptographically strong. (e.g. must be primary,... 20 Feb 2010 18:00
Call for Papers: ICOMP'10 (The 2010 International Conference on Internet Computing), USA, July 2010
It would be greatly appreciated if this announcement could be shared with individuals whose research interests include Internet computing, computer game design, and Web services. Thanks. ------- CALL FOR PAPERS ICOMP'10 The 2010 International Conference o... 20 Feb 2010 08:01
A link to news on weakness in European payment cards
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/189203/researchers_find_huge_weakness_in_european_payment_cards.html ... 19 Feb 2010 17:45
Subj: A 3D pattern found in Prime Number sums - using the golden ratio log! - Updated
Assume Prime Numbers are Three Dimensional ABST: Prime Number sums reveal a 3D pattern - using the golden ratio log! Introduction It is well known that Prime Number attributes are logarithmic and that they form an upward spiral in some fashion. This 3D pattern was found by assuming Primes are cubic n... 28 Feb 2010 21:10