First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Enormous speed difference between C and ASM implementations of crypto algorithm
http://www.das-labor.org/wiki/AVR-Crypto-Lib/en I was stunned to see that the ASM (assembler) implementation of AES is more than ten times (!) as fast as the C implementation. I'd have thought that compiler technology had narrowed the difference to maybe 10-20%. The compiler is probably GCC-AVR, which isn't as... 13 Mar 2010 15:21
Active sboxes
In http://groups.google.com/group/sci.crypt/browse_thread/thread/c6a1fc25594b4680 I asked questions about sboxes and got some answers... now I'd like to ask more (for whatever reason I can't continue the old thread). On Sep 24 2009, 11:55 am, Tom St Denis <t...(a)iahu.ca> wrote: You look at a cipher like DES and ... 7 Mar 2010 00:59
Bear Bottoms Lectures On Encryption !!!
On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 20:56:22 -0500, Tiger Would wrote: On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 01:48:30 GMT, Bear Bottoms wrote: Test User <testing123(a)none.invalid> wrote in news:hms8ap$6tq$1(a)news.eternal-september.org: On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 23:35:09 +0000, Bear Bottoms wrote: It has been proven that L... 6 Mar 2010 09:38
Using a kind of running accumulation of ciphertext as chaining valueof encryption
Employing CBC MAC means that one encrypts the message in two steps with two independent keys: In one step the message is processed in CBC mode with one key but only the last ciphertext block is retained (the CBC MAC) and appended to the given plaintext. In the second step the other key is used to encrypt the thus... 5 Mar 2010 18:29
RSA side-channel attack
http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/030410-rsa-security- attack.html?hpg1=bn Amazing! Cracking a 1024-bit RSA key in 100 hours sounds pretty good to me! ... 6 Mar 2010 19:35
Final: An obvious pattern found in the first 37Million Prime Sums using the log of the golden ratio Lp!
Dear rom...: On Mar 4, 1:54 pm, rom...(a)sbcglobal.net wrote: Subj: A regular pattern found in the first 37Million Prime Sums using the log of the golden ratio Lp! .... The Lp three step Pattern of the Prime Sums is clearly real and definitive;  its exact shape/structure remains unknown for now. Per... 7 Mar 2010 17:22
Final: An obvious pattern found in the first 37Million Prime Sums using the log of the golden ratio Lp!
Subj: A regular pattern found in the first 37Million Prime Sums using the log of the golden ratio Lp! ------- Lp Results for the first 37 Million Primesums The appended Table reveals a pattern in the Primesums. It was found by summing the first 37 Million Primes and noting their sums based on Lp unit incremen... 4 Mar 2010 16:57
Composing large block cipher from smaller ones
Given a block cipher E of block length n, could one advantageously use it to compose a larger block cipher in a rather simple manner? I like to solicit some good ideas on this from the group via presenting my own humble one. With keys K0 and K1 one could do the following processing after Feistel on two blocks of... 8 Mar 2010 10:49
No more conservation of telecommunication data in Germany
The German Supreme Court has just ruled against the general conservation of telecommunication data required of the service providers (since 2008, for a storage period of 6 months). So at least in the near future there will be comparatively more freedom of privacy in Germany than in some other democratic (including ... 3 Mar 2010 08:26
in ElGamal, could you hardcode the generator for a public key and not lose security?
So, the public key can be represented by your generator, some mod p, and your y (where y = the generator^(random exponent) mod p. Obviously, you could not hardcode your y value, as it depends on your random a, but it seems like you could hardcode the generator and the modulus and not really affect the security of... 2 Mar 2010 21:30