First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Updating the Historic OTP.
In order to become viable in mainstream cryptography and indeed become very, very useful all round, the historic one-time pad must become number–theoretic instead of being merely lexical as at the present time. It can then become an extremely efficient, theoretically unbreakable cipher. One of the best on the table... 2 Apr 2010 12:37
A C-code for permutation polynomials mod 2^n
In three recent threads [1] initiated by me, I have directly or indirectly referred to the use of permutation polynomials mod 2^32. In order to ease the work of persons needing an implementation of such polynomials, I am taking the liberty to post my own C-code below. The function invpermpoly is not required for ... 21 Mar 2010 19:43
A poorman's stream encryption algorithm
The scheme to be described processes the plaintext P[*] (in units of computer words) in a user-chosen number of rounds. Each round consists of two passes, one going in the forward and the other in the backward direction, increasing the length of the result by one word in each pass. We assume the availability of a... 26 Mar 2010 14:21
On the classification of ciphers
More options Mar 19, 2:05 am Classification of ciphers is a problem. Trying to force every cipher into one of two categories can be misleading. As it goes ciphers can be complex with a combination of primitives involved. I favor the category of Hybrid as a catch-all, with possible new classifications tha... 25 Mar 2010 03:17
Update of my old idea on random number generation
Quite a time ago I had the humble idea of building a compound PRNG consisting of a number of constituent PRNGs. I have recently updated it in some details and would like very much to subject it again to comments and critiques from the group. The scheme can be briefly described in terms of four levels. The 1st ... 21 Mar 2010 11:36
Test vectors for Diffie Hellman
Hello, I have a DH implementation using hardcoded prime & generator from Oakley Groups 2 & 14. I am looking for test vectors to test this implementation. -srp ... 19 Mar 2010 08:11
Complexity Theoretic Cryptography
If any two points on a line, ideally two integer points are known, then the identity of the line i.e. the equation of the line is determinable for that line and all the other infinitely many points both integer and float that comprise the line can be found. It is extremely difficult i.e. computationally infeasib... 19 Mar 2010 07:05
On n-gram substitutions [revised]
[The original version of this post was erroneous. This is a revision.] For digram substitutions in classical crypto, a scheme that has the merit of being highly compact is the well-known Playfair, where for an alphabet of size 25 (commonly i=j) one needs only a 5*5 matrix (with single letters as elements), while ... 19 Mar 2010 07:05
Patented HOTP One-Time Password Algorithm?
Dear group, During background info search for the implementation of the HOTP algorithm from RFC 4226 "HOTP: An HMAC-Based One-Time Password Algorithm" I stumbled upon the document <http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20090313687> with the head lines: "Patent application title: One time password" "Inventors: Nico... 17 Mar 2010 18:40
Final Subj: A regular pattern found in the first 301 Million Prime Sums using the log of the golden ratio Lp! (0/1)
----- Thanks for responding Alan On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:46:47 -0700 (PDT), Globemaker <alanfolmsbee(a)cabanova.com> wrote: Thank you for telling sci.crypt about the 3D prime number connexion. I hope you will show an image or video of the 3D shape. As an example of a simple equation shown in 3D, please see the... 16 Mar 2010 20:58