First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Rationalising the Winds of Change
.. All cryptography for thousands of years has been encapsulation cryptography. The resources of both cryptographers and cryptanalysts of the day were bounded by the limitations of human intelligence and human endeavour, long-hand computational methods were de rigueur, there were no mechanical computers worth t... 5 May 2010 22:42
DATA MINING 2010: 1st call extension – until 24 May 2010
Apologies for cross-postings. Please send to interested colleagues and students -- CALL FOR PAPERS - Deadline for submissions (1st call extension): 24 May 2010 -- IADIS EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON DATA MINING 2010 Freiburg, Germany, 28 – 30 July 2010 (http://www.datamining-conf.org/) part of the IADIS Multi Confe... 4 May 2010 06:48
The Winds of Change.
I’m talking about encapsulation ciphers and I think I had better explain exactly what I mean here. I mean ciphers in which the plaintext is embedded directly in some transformed form within the ciphertext and is protected from cryptanalysis by means of a key or keys. These same keys are later used to invert the... 3 May 2010 12:03
Foiling the known-plaintext attacks
In the thread "On the general benefits of introducing dynamics into encryption processing" I argued that dynamics can be extremely beneficial for both block and stream encryptions. In another recent thread I proposed a dynamic version of the classical Hill cipher, which was however vigorously disapproved by one e... 1 Jun 2010 04:20
How cool is this?
Hi! Take an arbitrarily large two dimensional table and place pegs onto a finite number of its cells while observing the following rules: 1. Cell (0,0) contains a peg. 2. Cell (0,n) contains a peg if and only if Cell (n,0) contains a peg. 3. Cell (p,q) contains a peg if and only if both Cell (p,0) and Cell ... 3 May 2010 06:35
A Modern Reappraisal of the One-Time Pad Cipher.
I have recently written (in recent years that is) two adaptations of the Vigenere Cipher that have the well known caveat that 1) the key is random and 2) the key length is equal to the message length and the key is used only once in the course of encrypting a message. These are not pads in terms of what Major Jo... 13 May 2010 22:41
A Randomness Hypothesis.
A random set means all the elements of the set having equal probability of being the next one to be called in an unbiased retrieval system. A legally authorised person will have a computer program that legitimately does the calling in just such a retrieval system. Typically in cryptography this retrieval system ... 1 May 2010 17:37
On the general benefits of introducing dynamics into encryption processing
I like to solicit (via expressing my own humble opinions) some discussion on the general benefits, as well as optimal ways, of introducing dynamics into encryption processing. For, in my personal conviction, plenty of issues hitherto or potentially encumbering the security of encryption processing in general coul... 1 May 2010 18:42
Mark-Up Cryptography or Encapsulation Cryptography.
Mark-up cryptography means the mutual database technology that I am promoting in which the ciphertext is virtually a scripting language that indexes the arrays of the mutual databases. There are three cipher implementations up and running with mathematical proof of this crypto-type to hand. Encapsulation cryp... 1 May 2010 20:55
CFP Applied Computing 2010: submissions until 28 May 2010
**Apologies for cross-postings. ** Please send to interested colleagues and students -- CALL FOR PAPERS - Deadline for submissions: 28 May 2010 -- IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE APPLIED COMPUTING 2010 October 14 - 16, 2010 – TIMISOARA, ROMANIA ... 29 Apr 2010 08:59