First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
On n-gram substitutions
For digram substitutions in classical crypto, a scheme that has the merit of being highly compact is the well-known Playfair, where for an alphabet of size 25 (commonly i=j) one needs only a 5*5 matrix (with single letters as elements), while for a general substitution scheme a 25*25 matrix (with randomly ordered... 16 Mar 2010 15:06
Server and Client Analogy – The NewCryptography Model
adacrypt <austin.obyrne(a)hotmail.com> writes: [...] Note:I have already dealt with the safe initial one-off delivery of Alices server to Bob - see reply to rossum above - adacrypt But you didn't address the comment that your scheme appears to have the disadvantage of OTP without its advantages of perfect... 16 Mar 2010 10:14
Is this a secure key derivation function?
On Mar 15, 1:05 pm, Carsten Krueger <cakru...(a)gmail.com> wrote: Complete source can be found:http://www.withopf.com/tools/securstick/encrsrc.zip Is this a secure key derivation function? Why not just use PKCS #5 Algorithm 2? Then you can say you're doing PKCS #5 as opposed to having to show code so people... 24 Mar 2010 06:35
CFP with Extended Deadline of Mar. 21, 2010: The 2010 International Conference on Internet Computing (ICOMP'10), USA, July 2010
It would be greatly appreciated if this announcement could be shared with individuals whose research interests include Internet computing, computer game design, and Web services. Thanks. ------- CALL FOR PAPERS Paper Submission Deadline (EXTENDED): March 21, 2010 ... 14 Mar 2010 17:40
Cryptology Researchers: Collaborate with over 13,000 researchers for free
Dear Cryptology Researcher, I created MyNetResearch.com to bring about efficient research management and collaboration. It has quickly grown to over 13,000 members from 95 countries. With MyNetResearch.com, you can: - Manage all your research through a modern dashboard - Search for and contact over13,00... 14 Mar 2010 12:01
scripts for Tate pairing
Hello, can anyone show me links to PARI/GP or Maple scripts for a Tate-pairing algorithm over elliptic curves over GF(p^k), p large and k small? Thanks, Rainer ... 13 Mar 2010 10:51
Using a kind of running accumulation of ciphertext as chaining value of encryption
On Mar 13, 7:23 am, Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.s...(a)t-online.de> wrote: I like to restate the improvements in my humber view of our scheme over the well-known encryption with CBC MAC: (1) it uses one key instead of two. (2) the chaining values in the proper processing of the plaintext to generate ciphertext is... 13 Mar 2010 14:13
Using a kind of running accumulation of ciphertext as chainingvalue of encryption
[Addendum] To my knowledge, CBC MAC is one of the authentication methods that is in standard use today. There may be tiny variations desirable when the last plaintext block is not full. But this could evidently be taken over for use in our scheme as well. I like to restate the improvements in my humber view of... 13 Mar 2010 07:32
What do I need to know to design a cryptosystem?
Hi all, I recently became interested in trying, in my spare time, to develop a cryptosystem. I have some math/CS training, and a degree in mathematics. What do I need to know to design a cryptosystem? What steps are involved? I would assume designing the protocol and then modifying it based on how easy it ... 13 Mar 2010 16:29
An Important Distinction being stymied by Ignorance.
It can be shown and thoroughly proved that there are rich pickings in cryptography for the Vigenere cipher of old when the power of modern computing is used on this very old invention. This cipher it must be said was the first ever (open to correction if needs be here) to go into more than one dimension – it use... 13 Mar 2010 10:51