First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
C(n,r) in C using libgmp
http://pastebin.com/fd43e0de A small contribution I know. I have been told that this code is "ugly". You may find though that it performs well. hashi ... 12 Feb 2010 17:59
Hash Chains and Cryptographic Accumulator
Hi, I came upon this paper by Jonathan Poritz (http://www.poritz.net/ jonathan/papers/weak.pdf) which described potential weakness in the Hash Chains used in the Trusted Computing specs, and propose to replace the Hash Chains by a Cryptographic Accumulator of which he shows an example off. (That paper is easy t... 2 Feb 2010 16:18
Hash combining
I am looking for a decent algorithm for calculating of some kind of hash of a container, making use of the hash of the components, i.e. calculating a composite hash from the hashes of sub-parts. We are using it just for detecting changed data parts, so crypto strength is not actually needed. So far I have tho... 27 Jan 2010 13:46
Randomness of MD5 vs. SHA1
Ideally, the output of a cryptographically secure hash function should be uniformly distributed, right? With regards to this property only, is there any known difference between MD5 and SHA1? Specifically, I'm feeding relatively short strings of 7-bit ASCII text into the hash, and using the output as a password. ... 10 Feb 2010 17:57
The incompatibility hurdle
That some in this group still feel insecure in encryptive processes may seem to sidetrack us from difficulties from competitions of different platforms. Just text is an easy hurdle and simple reading does not require all the bells and whistles that complex formats sometimes use. Keeping things simple means allo... 2 Feb 2010 16:18
CryptoAnalysis Game5: Crack the real attack plan ! (+devices)
Hello, The current rankings are as follows: Place: Name: Points: 1 Paulo Marques 5 2 Phoenix/Alvo 4 3 Ilmari Karonen 2 CryptoAnalysis Game 5: Introduction: According to our intelligence the security of the enemy communication machines was very weak and has ... 25 Jan 2010 11:39
CompIMAGE 2010: Call for Short Communications
Dear Colleague, In the framework of the International Symposium CompIMAGE'10 “Computational Modeling of Objects Presented in Images: Fundamentals, Methods, and Applications,” May 5-7, 2010, Buffalo-Niagara, NY, USA (www.fe.up.pt/CompIMAGE), prospective authors are invited to submit short communications to be pub... 25 Jan 2010 11:39
Another crazy patent
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2009/0060180.html What the hell? So nobody was doing this before 2009? It's a pitty I didn't save my Python code from 2004, because I was doing exactly this back then! The patent system has completely collapsed in the US. What next "A method of bit-wise combining a random st... 2 Feb 2010 16:18
asm routines for Mod and Exponentiation(Power) ?
Just wondering if anybody here has any assembly code for Modulo and Exponentiation calculations with huge integers? my googling wasn't very fruitful ... 2 Feb 2010 16:18
CryptoAnalysis Game4: Crack the attack plan ! (Solution !)
"Paulo Marques" <pmarques(a)grupopie.com> wrote in message news:wuWdnSZ8o-zL5sHWnZ2dnUVZ8kKdnZ2d(a)novis.pt... As unruh pointed out a Caesar cypher is weak and with a short key is even weaker. From a quick "paper and pencil" analysis the secret seems to be "Warpig". You are correct, you shall receive +5 ... 25 Jan 2010 07:13