First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
RNGs: A Super KISS
/* For those mesmerized (or Mersenne-ized?) by a RNG with period 2^19937-1, I offer one here with period 54767*2^1337279---over 10^396564 times as long. It is one of my CMWC (Complimentary-Multiply-With-Carry) RNGs, and is suggested here as one of the components of a super-long-period KISS (Keep-It-Simple-Stupid)... 24 Nov 2009 11:08
Hey guys, what is this all about? MQQ digital signature scheme?
Hey guys, what is this all about? MQQ digital signature scheme? https://www.ntnu.no/wiki/download/attachments/12815949/public+key.pdf Not a lot of info in that pdf... ? ... 3 Nov 2009 09:17
Newton-Raphson division vs. Montgomery reduction
According to <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Computational_complexity_of_mathematical_operations>, division, if implemented with Newton's method, has a complexity equal to that of whatever multiplication algorithm is in use. The article on Newton's method elaborates: "Newton–Raphson division ... can be used to quic... 26 Oct 2009 04:30
Rendering prediction of congruential random number generators hard
[also posted to sci.crypt.random-numbers] Hi, Linear congruential generators were first broken by J. Boyar. She published an algorithm for inferring sequences produced by a linear congruential generator missing low-order bits. Later she also broke quadratic and cubic generators. Other researchers continued wo... 16 Oct 2009 18:32
Looking for Participnts
NFS(a)Home is looking for participants. http://escatter11.fullerton.edu/nfs/ ... 14 Oct 2009 15:53
Announcing: First-ever collection of declassified Chaocipher-related correspondences
Mok-Kong Shen wrote: The following is my layman's speculation with reference to your progress Report No. 1: If one has doubled plaintext letters, say in the sequence 'aab', couldn't it be that the second character 'a' is processed by an extra rule different from the normal one of shifting thereafte... 9 Oct 2009 09:18
Announcing: First-ever collection of declassified Chaocipher-relatedcorrespondences
mosherubin wrote: The "Chaocipher Clearing House" is a web site dedicated to tracking cryptanalytic work related to solving John F. Byrne's Chaocipher. The site can be found at http://www.mountainvistasoft.com/chaocipher. [snip] The following is my layman's speculation with reference to your progress Re... 7 Oct 2009 05:17
Polyalphabetic substitution using two tables
Hi, A recent post of mosherubin on the distinguished Chaocipher reminds me of the methodologies of classical crypto in general and as a consequence also of a conversation I had long time ago with a friend. We babbled one day over the application of polyalphabetic substituion ciphers and had as a topic in our cha... 2 Oct 2009 10:53
Announcing: First-ever on-line collection of declassified Chaocipher-related correspondences
The "Chaocipher Clearing House" is a web site dedicated to tracking cryptanalytic work related to solving John F. Byrne's Chaocipher. The site can be found at http://www.mountainvistasoft.com/chaocipher. ======================== Cryptologic books and texts that mention John F. Byrne's Chaocipher (e.g., David... 2 Oct 2009 03:15
MBOL AAOT MBCL LUAT MKAT
Hi there The worst that you can do is say "No - I won't help" I am hoping that you might. I am playing a game called geocaching - searching for a plastic box using a gps - no money involved - just the fun of finding the container and writing your name in it. Someone set a very difficult puzzle and encrypted ... 25 Sep 2009 07:34