First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
Quasi-True Random
I have two machines with two different processor speed. First machine is faster then the second one. In booth I run an algorithm to generate random numbers with the same initial seed and clock value. The pseudo code for the algorithm is: START THE CLOCK WITH ZERO GIVE A SEED DO MAKE RANDOM NUMBER IF ... 12 Jan 2010 08:08
Simple ways to throw off frequency analysis?
Say I've encrypted a string with a monoalphabetic cipher (so I haven't used a polyalphabetic cipher to begin with nor do I want to at any stage) What are some simple things I can do to throw off frequency analysis? ... 9 Jan 2010 09:38
Finding PGP key with known cleartext
I have a message which is encrypted with 2 PGP keys. I know one of the keys so I can decrypt it and get the cleartext. How difficult is it to find the second PGP key? Thanks, Bluray Expert ... 7 Jan 2010 01:26
Pi Computation Record
Hello, [ This is only moderately related to sci.crypt ] http://bellard.org/pi/pi2700e9/ On December 31st, 2009, about 2700 billion decimal digits of Pi were computed using a single desktop computer. This is presently the World Record for the computation of Pi. The author's FAQ mentions """ Which book ... 6 Jan 2010 09:13
reverse use of encryption and decryption
Hi all, I have a small question which I could not satisfiable answer myself: Is it secure to use the decryption algorithm of a secure cipher for encryption and using the encryption algorithm for decryption? As this may be dependent on the cipher choosen, I would prefer to talk about AES (I'm only talking about sy... 6 Jan 2010 09:13
Q: Kerchhoffs' principle
The following question may be absolutely trivial, but I am anyway confused at the moment and not sure of the answer. Kerchhoffs' principle requires that one makes use of publicly-known algorithms, if I don't err. Consider however the case where one employs a combination of publicly-known algorithms, where the act... 21 Jan 2010 01:18
Infinite One-Time Pad, is this product BS?
I was searching for real One Time Pad encryption software and I came across this product called Infinite One-Time Pad (IO-TP). I have been reading their FAQ and it sounds like a load of BS, but I wanted a confirmation from someone who understands how this stuff works. I will post some of their FAQ here so th... 2 Feb 2010 16:19
Certificates
This may be a stupid question... A certificate contains a hash encrypted by a private key, right? I saw somebody trying to generate a toy certificate with only 64 bit RSA and he gets "RSA_sign:digest too big for rsa key". This is somehow understandable as the hash length is at least 128 bits, which can't be encryp... 12 Jan 2010 08:08
26th Chaos Communication Congress: How you can build an eavesdropper for a quantum cryptosystem
26th Chaos Communication Congress: How you can build an eavesdropper for a quantum cryptosystem http://events.ccc.de/congress/2009/Fahrplan/events/3576.en.html Related article in German: http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/26C3-Forscher-demonstrieren-genialen-Quanten-Hack-894136.html ... 31 Dec 2009 12:06
Scalable Key Cryptography – Balinese Language.
Code point range for Bali in Unicode is 1B00 .. 1B7F. In denary the code-point range is 6912 .. 7039. => There are, (7039 – 6912) + 1 (incl) elements in the character set for this country Highest code point (in terms of information character representation) = 7039 Lowest code point = 6912. Lowest usef... 2 Jan 2010 05:15