First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Compatibility between different providers
I am working on a client server application. There is one server - it's running on a Windows Machine. There are multiple clients - some running on Windows, some on Linux etc. Some client programs may be written in C or C++. The others may be in Java. I am going to be using HMACs in my application. My question i... 8 Feb 2010 11:06
AES counter content and same key/nonce
Why do many AES-128 counter mode implementations use only 64-96 bits of random data and 32-64 bits for the counter portion? Is there a problem with using 128 bits of random data as the initial counter value and treating the entire 128 bits as a counter? This would seem to avoid the wrapping issues if the counter po... 4 Feb 2010 03:22
Generating an offline key/token
Hi, I am programmer who hasn't worked much with cryptography. I need to build a quick & dirty system for achieving the following - I have 1 central machine + many machines at different locations. The machines may not be connected to the central machine at all times, hence the need for an offline solution. ... 3 Mar 2010 18:40
It's not science, it's sci.
Science is an attempt to arrive at, or at least sidle closer to truth by asking questions and getting answers. Here at sci.corrupt, there is no need for truth to interfere with a perfectly good, revenue generating falsehood. This is easily represented by the Bamboozler Kruh and his Beale cipher papers. They hav... 2 Feb 2010 16:19
Frustration with mathematics
There are many people in this group that will defend, until death, the notion that dense mathematical notion in academic papers is not only required but _necessary_. However, I want to argue that it's the modern day equivelent of holding mass in Latin. To those who don't know Latin it's completely mysterious. To... 9 Feb 2010 05:06
two definitions of RSA?
Hello, I am wondering if there are two different definitions of RSA keys. One definition states that one should calculate the secret exponent d as (1) e*d = 1 mod phi(n) (= (p-1)*(q-1)) The other states that (2) e*d = 1 mod lcm(p-1,q-1) Both definitions lead to different d values I know that this is does... 5 Feb 2010 13:57
Method and Logic
If you are convinced that argument exclusive of data is worth much, start with downloading and studying this classic: http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/27942 ... 2 Feb 2010 16:19
Parallel crypto breakthrough
http://www.ddj.com/222600319 Cracking 56-bit DES takes less than three days. I doubt it spells trouble for AES-128 or AES-256. Anyone disagree? ... 2 Feb 2010 16:18
AES round structure paper
Just skimmed over a paper that suggests that the last round of AES should include the MixColumns step because it adds security under a differential attack [see http://eprint.iacr.org/2010/041 ]. What I don't get is MixColumns is totally irrelevant to differential attacks as it is linear. One could take the XOR d... 2 Feb 2010 16:19
RSA signing for authenticated, secure channel?
Are there security holes with using RSA signing to establish an authenticated and secure communication channel? I want computer A to send secrets to computer B, but I want to make sure only computer B can read it. Computer B has a hardware IC that can only do RSA signing (I have its public key to verify signature... 2 Feb 2010 16:18