First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Nonlinear combination of streams
Given two streams of natural language texts, one simple and practical way of combining them, in order to somehow gather together their "entropy", is to exploit the idea of polyalphabetic substitution of classical crypto. If one has namely such a substitution table (with each column being a random permutation of the... 13 Mar 2010 16:29
Why is Kerberos ever used, rather than modern public keycryptography?
On 2010-03-10, Joseph Ashwood <ashwood(a)msn.com> wrote: "chris" <where.you.wanna.be(a)gmail.com> wrote in message news:f26e203e-3a1e-4d4e-b83e-64c7be73666a(a)q15g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... It's possible that I've misunderstood it, but Kerberos seems like a hassle in comparison to modern public key cryptograp... 12 Mar 2010 13:55
The Status Quo in Sci Crypt.
The Status Quo. Not quite a black hole but let’s just call it a huge sink of complexity where people vie with each other to make an even bigger contribution of wasted intelligence. It is fashionable then to pipe their knowledge of special fragments of particular complexity as their passport to recognition withi... 12 Mar 2010 03:56
Hashing into l-torsion group
Hello, I am searching for a solution for the following problem: Let E(p) be a non-supersingular elliptic curve over GF(p) Let l be a prime and assume E(p) contains an l-torsion element G. (One can assume here that l is big. ) let G' be another l-torsion element in E(p^k), i.e. (G,G') generates the l-torsion gro... 12 Mar 2010 05:02
Linear Equivalence and Involutions
First, a couple of clarifying definitions so we are on the same page: An involution is a function, f, such that for all x in the domain of the function, f(f(x))=x. Two permutations (e.g. s-boxes), A and B, where A, B : F(n)^m --> F(n)^m, are linearly equivalent if there are bijective linear mappings, P and Q, ... 11 Mar 2010 13:27
A poorman's block encryption algorithm
Consider the admittedly rather rare but not totally unrealistic scenario where two partners agree on a secret key for block encryption under the circumstance that one of them has to implement the algorithm from scratch without the kind of very difficult to memorize algorithm descriptions commonly found with the w... 19 Mar 2010 03:49
Any recommendations for frequency analysis software?
Just wondering if anybody has any recommendations for Windows-based frequency analysis software for breaking trivial ciphers? Thanks ... 11 Mar 2010 17:59
Password fields should not be interrupted by (messaging) pop-ups...
Hello, I like to share a short story with you how I once told somebody my password by accident: I was trying to login to hotmail/my account and at the same time msn messenger/windows live, game/chat rooms and what not were active... As I was about to type in my password, a (messaging) pop-up occured, I can... 10 Mar 2010 17:34
is the PGP signature format the most widely supported one?
Say you wanted to make a release of some software package with a signature to verify that it was you who made the release. PGP has a signature format that can be used to do this, as described at <http:// httpd.apache.org/dev/verification.html> but what other formats are there? In theory, it seems like one could... 11 Mar 2010 12:18
Server and Client Analogy � The New Cryptography Model
On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 02:18:20 -0800 (PST), adacrypt <austin.obyrne(a)hotmail.com> wrote: Alice writes an encryption program first of all. She then writes a corresponding decryption program that checks her previous encryption work. She tweaks these to perfection and then calls this joint combination of encryp... 10 Mar 2010 11:57