First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Collecting true randomness from natural language texts
To my knowledge, true randomness is today commonly collected from the natural physical environment, i.e. from ratioactive decay, electromagnetic noises from atmosphere or from electronic circuits etc., exceptions being some attempts of exploiting irregularities in user's keying etc. It is generally acknowledg... 7 Apr 2010 04:35
How is the statistic of autocorrelation test for randomness arrived at?
David Sexton wrote: Doesn't the statistic equal the number of standard deviations above population mean? That makes sense because the example gives a threshold of 1.96 for a 0.05 level of significance. These numbers (according to the text) come from Table 5.1. Table 5.1 is "Selected Percentiles of... 9 Apr 2010 02:21
How is the statistic of autocorrelation test for randomness arrived at?
On Apr 3, 3:36 am, Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.s...(a)t-online.de> wrote: The test statistic of the autocorreoation test for randomness (see HAC, p.182, X_5) is claimed to approximately follow an N(0,1) distribution if n-d>=10. I couldn't find any detailed explanation of this in a dozen of statistic textbooks acc... 7 Apr 2010 13:30
How is the statistic of autocorrelation test for randomness arrivedat?
The test statistic of the autocorreoation test for randomness (see HAC, p.182, X_5) is claimed to approximately follow an N(0,1) distribution if n-d>=10. I couldn't find any detailed explanation of this in a dozen of statistic textbooks accessible to me that are relevant to the issue. Could some expert kindly help?... 3 Apr 2010 07:10
6th Int. Conf. on Technology and Medical Sciences – Announce & Call for Papers
Dear Colleague, We are pleased to announce the TMSi2010 – 6th International Conference on Technology and Medical Sciences (www.fe.up.pt/tmsi2010) that will be held at the Faculty of Engineering of University of Porto, Porto, Portugal, on October 21-23, 2010. Possible Topics (but not limited to) - Analysis a... 3 Apr 2010 07:10
Where are the FIPS 140-1 tests for randomness now?
I just looked at FIPS 140-2 which replaces FIPS-1 and saw that the statistical tests for randomness have been crossed out there. Is there no replacement? Why? (Sorry for this ignorant's question.) M. K. Shen ... 5 Apr 2010 13:52
Operator Protocols for using a PRF
For my applications with my honed GUI: Either when opening the HTML page containing the JavaScript or Selecting "Keys: Start-Reset" the native permutation(s) should appear in the top field, default words that might be used in scrambling should appear in a special field, a default number, usually "3" will appear ... 8 Apr 2010 12:35
Decoding string
How to decode this string from xml file? HkRNsOjrihtYb1MQkMLMA6NZgtLBiSgHpxfl7qAvTWc6cKztfFSUKwu2GdjdPWDCqVJjt3i0u3t0t6eY2EoRV9BhFT+vFIuidbaAtgThzyF6uiryE7m//Ql+4HLuvm1uWqZKq322RP7IjkpiGm71tZNHxWG8o7EAwd9xsyRqwO/8VXCRkWXIRuQ+z9sA1cxrSSUA+maN5TNzr0JQGc3ZhczXT3VCh2VHWgb2hPkl This is encoded URL, I think. ... 8 Apr 2010 06:09
question about the Secure Remote Password protocol
Say you have a PHP app that handles authentication by handing it off to an LDAP server. If the username / password log into the LDAP server you're logged into the PHP app. With this kind of setup, DIGEST-MD5 doesn't work because that requires the password or a hash of it be retrievable and although the LDAP serve... 31 Mar 2010 12:07
If we could factor large numbers quickly, how exactly does everything break?
I understand that if we can factor large numbers quickly, we can determine p and q from n in an RSA cryptosystem. However, what about in other applications? For example, we have a challenge/response protocol where a trusted server uses an RSA-like scheme to determine a modulus n for the challenge/response sessi... 10 Apr 2010 15:43