First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Public Key Size in ECDSA
Hi guys, It is known that at a security level of 80-bit, the signature size for ECDSA is around 320-bit. In this case, the public key size is around 160-bit and the private key size is around 160-bit. Is it correct? Thanks ... 28 Apr 2010 08:21
Scripting Ciphers.
The case has been made earlier for using mutually identical database technology and ciphertext that acts as a mark-up language that uniquely indexes the arrays of these databases so as to give the message-text the required structure that converts it into the meaningful message that Alice wants Bob to know. The... 27 Apr 2010 08:45
bad client public DH value
From <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4253#section-8>: 1. C generates a random number x (1 < x < q) and computes e = g^x mod p. C sends e to S. I set x to 2 and get a "bad client public DH value" error from the server. Since 1 < 2 and 2 < q it doesn't seem like I should be getting that error? ... 27 Apr 2010 14:29
Steganography Software
Steganography Software In two to four weeks I will complete steganography software that will embedd encrypted data into 24-bit bitmap images. It will determine the image data length of the bitmap. It will determine the length of the message to embed. It will XOR each bit of the message with the LSB of randoml... 26 Apr 2010 18:21
An application of indirectness and variability
In my humble view, indirectness and variability are principles/features that are to be strived at in encryption processing. Let's consider the case of employment of a (not too poor) PRNG. If one uses its outputs "directly" to xor the plaintext, then there is the well known risk of prediction in the scenario of kn... 25 Apr 2010 17:50
PE Scrambler
does anyone know good and reliable PE scrambler? some time ago there were some cool PE Scrambler utility (console application) with very interesting technique that scrambled and obfuscated compiled binaries at the machine code instruction level. Also obfuscated function calls. But time goes ahead and counter progr... 4 May 2010 02:27
Call for review: Hashing by hand algorithm
I'm in the process of developing a hashing algorithm which I would very much like to get some feedback on. The primary design criteria is that it be reasonable to perform by hand. This was the sole purpose for developing the algorithm, since there are already a number of good hashing algorithms available for use on... 2 May 2010 12:03
Dynamic Hill cipher
The classical Hill cipher is well known to be susceptible to known plaintext attack, since with plaintext materials of an amount equal to that of the Hill matrix, that matrix could 'normally' be determined and thus the cipher broken. However, I don't see how one could attack an approriately modified dynamic versi... 1 Jun 2010 04:20
Public/Public
There are two kinds of publicness in crypto - the "public key" kind, and the "known to the public" kind. There are lots of kinds of privacy. Anyway, the word "public" has been used so often in the "public key" sense that using it for the "known to the public" sense won't do - - so is there an other sui... 26 Apr 2010 13:46
Bootstraps on Steroids
Chaining ciphers can increase overall strength, or not. A bootstrapping procedure would be used to increase strength, should not duplicate functions with the other algorithm, and should be efficient in data conversions. Even a poorer algorithm might be bootstrapped disproving the prejudice that anything can onl... 4 May 2010 14:35