First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Bitmap displayed during boot
Tim Meddick wrote: The picture displayed is merely the one specified by the registry value for the default wallpaper : [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop] "Wallpaper"="C:\WINDOWS\blueback.bmp" Simply locate this value in the registry using [regedit.exe] and change it to what you wan... 15 Apr 2010 12:32
Control of Second Screen
With such talent about I just have to ask: I have 2 LCD screens (set as dual mode, not span, on my XP machine, both run just fine. However I do not use the second screen continously. Now when I restart the machine with only the main screen running and click on a program that had been displaying previously ... 10 Apr 2010 15:43
Switch the position of start button to right.
Good Day, I want to switch the position of start button with the notification area. Means that like if we use XP in Arabic format the start menu button comes on right ( bottom-right ) and notification area comes on left. I want to change this act. I searched much on the net but found no important things. Waiti... 8 Apr 2010 12:37
Recent documents - how long are they stored?
The history of those recent documents, is there a setting that controls how long they stay there? ... 4 Apr 2010 18:13
Best free antivirus software?
I think if you can not provide a helpful answer then be quiet...this is what I call smart as... "Leonard Grey" wrote: And you going to use an antivirus program just because we say so? --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est Surfer Joe wrote: Can anyone please suggest a good free antivirus? ... 9 Apr 2010 20:07
WinXP Screen Saver
I run WinXP SP3. My problem here is the timing of the screensaver. With the initial delay set at say 10 minutes, well of late windows just does not play ball on time at all. Sometimes the machine will sit for hours and the screensaver will not activate, then it may activate after say 15 minutes, etc, then to ad... 7 Apr 2010 14:40
How do I restore Quick Launch buttons?
My hard drive burned up and I had to replace it. How do I restore my previous Quick Launch buttons? Where are they stored in my backup? ... 30 Mar 2010 12:47
process hog
Why does PPSCANMG.EXE hog 97% of my CPU usage? I can't do anything until this clears. Is this normal? JPC ... 30 Mar 2010 16:09
On Boot: How To Set Program Start Up Order
Hello to all...WinXP Home, SP3 fully updated: I'd like Microsoft Security Essentials to be the first app. to start and finish loading, delaying others until MSE is running. Security Center reports the system is "at risk" when the system is starting because it loads faster than MSE. I know MSE has a bigger foot... 26 Mar 2010 15:37
Can I do this with hotkey
I type some text over and over everyday and was wondering if there was anyway to create a hotkey combo that would enter the text in whatever I am working in. PLEASE........ I know there are hundreds of utilities and macros out there that will do this but I want to be able to do it without using any utiliti... 26 Mar 2010 15:37
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12