First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Cannot backup in XP
I cannot backup my computer files in XP SP2. When I try to back it up on my DVD drive (E:), I get the following error: "The backup file could not be used. [filename] Please ensure it is a valid path and that you have sufficient access." Any ideas what is the problem? JPC ... 13 Jan 2010 22:14
Block a website on a domain workstation with no admin rights
Is there a way to block a website even temporarily on an XP machine when you have no admin rights? I have a group of guys that stand around watching youtube all day instead of working. I am ex-IT and could use a hacked bootdisk and clear the local admin password and then change the host file, but I don't want to do... 11 Jan 2010 05:25
XP Search Problem
Whenever I STOP a search while it is searching the computer freezes up and I have to go to task manager to end the search. Any reason or repair for this? Thanks, Oreally ... 14 Jan 2010 05:47
can't stretch the picture on my display properties
Are the pictures JPEG files or something else? Try saving to a different folder & then pu ton desktop. -- novice27 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ novice27's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/170931.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/customiz... 6 Jan 2010 19:57
Speed up my Windows XP Pro. SP3 with Flash USB drives/drives?
I'd be very interested in going SSD as my main drive, but the lifespan is always what scares me. I want my data to be relatively safe. Being that the technology is newer than a hard drive is what worries me since I have no experience with it. SMART attributes aren't always a good measure of a drive I'm told. D... 1 Jan 2010 22:51
My message bubbles are crazy
every once in a while the message bubbles for my taskbar clock and other icons next to the clock show up behind the taskbar so I can't see the message. this just started happening today... I have no idea what causes it to do that. It has happened before but I don't know what I did to fix it. any suggestions ... 29 Dec 2009 19:45
Copying the configuration from ne PC or user to another
There is, although it gets involved. The first obvious issue is the windows serial number/Key. Next has to do with a unique machine ID that is generated during the install process, and the name of each P/C. Some of these issues also exist with the Applications software, such as Office and some retail applicatio... 24 Dec 2009 21:38
Icon won't stay changed!
I use properties to change the icon on one of my desktop icons. It appears to accept the change, but when I go back to my desktop, the original icon appears - it ignores my attempted change. This is on my up-to-date XP on my new Acer netbook. TIA, Paul (I've posted this on multiple groups, because my original ... 21 Dec 2009 10:11
IE 8
Is there any way to uninstall Internet Explorer 8? (If so what do I replace it with?) It's impossible to download the Screensaver software from Webshots because of SOME setting in IE8 and the only thing I know to do is to uninstall. I keep getting messages that the problem is with the Internet Explorer so do... 19 Dec 2009 17:07
What to do with all the stupid and unnecessary "other/guest"user accounts and directories?
Whether or not you think it's "stupid and unnecessary" is irrelevent -- that's how Windows XP was designed. If you try to break Windows, you will suffer the consequences. If you are driven INSANE by something as miniscule as the user account structure in an operating system, you really need to get out more. ... 17 Dec 2009 01:43
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12