First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
Error probability of Recursive Least Square (RLS) algorithm
Dear All, I have used RLS algorithm to predict channel SNR (lets define SNR as x). SNR is received in frame by frame. The frame duration is 5ms. Lets define the channel SNR in each frame is xi, for i = 1, 2, 3, ..., t I used a window of size 4 in RLS algorithm. I want to predict the SNR 2 times in every 4 fram... 28 Apr 2010 09:26
Why do bandpass filters don't work like notch filters?
Hi, Say I generate a digital 2nd order notch filter. With the lattice structure, one coefficient controls the notch frequency and the other the bandwidth. I can get VERY good attenuation of the notch frequency, pretty much only depending on wordlength used. The overall response looks like one deep and narrow hole ... 27 Apr 2010 13:18
signal fades in noise
Dear all, I am using a data acquisition system to capture signals of frequency less than 30 kHz. When I test the system in lab, I am not able to get the exact time domain waveform of input sine wave and I do not get the peak of power spectral density at the input frequency when I see the signal in frequency domai... 28 Apr 2010 02:50
Is there a "DIGITAL" equivalent of "Q"?
Please note quotation marks in subject ;) Also, I'm not the oldest on group --- BUT my father operated a *LEGAL* land based spark gap xmtr All that to say that I think in "linear passive discrete" domain rather than in "digital" domain. I have a "filter" problem. I have a reasonable idea on how to impleme... 29 Apr 2010 19:12
Rotate 2D Gaussian
Hi all. I'd like to rotate a 2D-Gaussian bump. I.e. parametrize the 2D Gaussian distribution with the rotation angle phi. I first thought I could simply apply a rotation matrix on the covariance matrix. But my MATLAB output tells me that I'm wrong. How do I make it correctly? Thanks for your help Andreas ... 27 Apr 2010 15:36
Rotate 2D Gaussian
Hi all. I'd like to rotate a 2D-Gaussian bump. I.e. parametrize the 2D Gaussian distribution with the rotation angle phi. I first thought I could simply apply a rotation matrix on the covariance matrix. But my MATLAB output tells me that I'm wrong. How do I make it correctly? Thanks for your help Andreas ... 26 Apr 2010 11:21
DSP + FPGA board for LTE Physical layer implementation
Hi, I am looking to implement LTE Physical layer on a DSP + FPGA board. Can you recommend some boards along with a rough price figure? Many thanks, -K ... 26 Apr 2010 11:21
"Correcting" output of a filter
"Correcting" is not going to be the right word, but here's my problem. I would like to have a brick wall filter with no phase delay and moderate computational complexity. (Yes, I know, who wouldn't). I'm actually using Butterworth lowpass filters of order 4 as designed by Tony Fisher's web page. Imagine I cr... 26 Apr 2010 23:56
Kalman Assumption
Hello, In Kalman filtering does the process noise have to be Gaussian or would any uncorrelated covariance stationary noise satisfy the requirements? When I follow the derivations of the filter I haven't encountered any requirements on Gaussian distribution, but in many sources Gaussian tag seems to go togeth... 28 Apr 2010 16:17
CPM
I was trying to design a bandlimited pseudorandom signal with constant envelope for radar/sonar and like applications. I.e. frequency modulation with smoothed transitions. The problem is closely related to CPM for data transmission, however the optimization criteria are not quite the same. In particular, it t... 28 Apr 2010 07:13