First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Sample data log code for DSP?
Hello, I am an intern for a lab, and I recently installed P25M from Innovative Integration on a pc. I was told to use Octave, which I found easily. My next step, however, is this: "Get a sample code for data logging using DSP" I AM STARTING COMPLETELY FROM SCRACTH. PLEASE HELP ME. Answers such as "read a b... 11 Aug 2010 22:28
Kalman filter tutorial for the Dummy's dumber cousin?
I'm a veteran computer programmer with a Math background that came to a screeching halt at about the 1st semester of Calculus. However, I think I'm wasting time implementing filtering solutions that could be better served by a Kalman filter. Here's a recent example. I am interfacing with a Gyroscope, that for so... 9 Aug 2010 17:53
free-space optics....
On 8/9/2010 9:06 AM, fisico32 wrote: ok, but if we could solve the weather problems, would we gain that much more bandwidth? People talk about WiMax....can lasers do that much better? Any example of how much better? As was pointed out earlier, it all depends on the speed of the electronics you can bri... 9 Aug 2010 11:11
Which digital input class D audio amplifier ?
Hi, what is your opinion about TDA7801 digital input class D amplifier ? I want to use it instead of D/A converter plus power amplifier as the output of my multichannel (8 outputs) DSP system. Maybe you can suggest another, better device ? regards Roman ... 9 Aug 2010 12:18
HPC a future cottage industry?
I worked in geophysical processing industry. Pretty much all of them now use linux clusters of 128-1000 nodes attached to a giant SAN. While there are a few algorithms that need brute-force gigaflops, much is stifled by the data shuffling. Now I can see a change coming. I know a guy, who is going into business b... 9 Aug 2010 19:00
Fast Coarse Spectrum Analysis of Sound Samples in Java
Hi All, I'm working on a fun little audio side-project. I want to be able to create a sound collage using sounds I find online. I hope you can point me in the right direction with regard to algorithms, approaches, etc. I'll be writing a Clojure (Java) program to find and download mp3s, chop them up into chunk... 10 Aug 2010 15:47
free space optics....
Hello Forum, I friend of mine company was using free space laser links to connect building to building. Now they use radio waves. The radio antenna are pretty small. Is there a real advantage in using laser (optical frequencies) instead of radio frequencies? Can we achieve faster modulations with lasers than R... 9 Aug 2010 10:05
IIR design / FDATool?
I'm new to Matlab, and to IIR design, so sorry in advance if these questions are dumb. I've been playing with filterbuilder and FDATool just to get familiar with the options / design flow. There seems to be a lot of overlap. Why would somebody want to use filterbuilder rather the FDATool? Say I design a 6t... 9 Aug 2010 17:53
FFT Return Values
Hi Guys, I am using FFT for an audio programming project I'm working on, and was wondering what are the bounds of the array values returned from the FFT function (FFTW)? The input is an array of 16-bit integers representing amplitude between -16,384 and 16,383, with a sample rate of 22k. I am passing a sample ... 9 Aug 2010 08:59
A question for Gordon Sande
Hello Gordon Sande, Would you, by any chance, be related to the Gordon Sande who was a graduate student, under Prof. John Tukey, at Princeton University back in the early 1960s? Regards, [-Rick-] ... 7 Aug 2010 09:18
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12