First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
state-space representation
hello forum, I know that a linear system can be represented in its state space representation. I am actually more used to the convolution integral, transfer function methods... What is the advantage of describing the dynamics of a system in state space representation? I know that control people used that a lot. ... 26 Jul 2010 14:55
How to align two time series fast?
Post now also to comp.dsp to see if experts can help us. The bottleneck is the "backfill" part. There must be a "filter" way of doing "backfill" fast? Thanks a lot! On Jul 21, 3:53 pm, Luna Moon <lunamoonm...(a)gmail.com> wrote: How to align two time series fast? Hi all, I have two time series,... 22 Jul 2010 16:54
Last Call for Papers Reminder (extended): International Conference on Signal Processing and Imaging Engineering ICSPIE 2010
Last Call for Papers Reminder (extended): International Conference on Signal Processing and Imaging Engineering ICSPIE 2010 CFP (extended): International Conference on Signal Processing and Imaging Engineering ICSPIE 2010 Draft Paper Submission Deadline (extended): 26 July, 2010 Camera-Ready Papers Due & Registr... 22 Jul 2010 01:38
Anti-aliasing advice for de-interleaved signals
Hi everyone - this is my first post here. It's about time I joined a DSP forum. I need some advice related to a measurement system. The system samples at 1 kHz but between every sample the input to the DAQ is switched between two inputs. The result is that the acquired signal, at 1 kHz, is two interleaved signals at... 29 Jul 2010 07:28
Announcing AjarDSP - an open source VLIW DSP
Hi all, This is a post to announce the existence of the AjarDSP project, an attempt to design and implement an open source VLIW DSP with an open source tool chain (assembler, simulator/debugger and C compiler). Check out the details at: http://code.google.com/p/ajardsp/ regards Markus ... 28 Jul 2010 19:33
broadband or not?
The term 'broadband' is commonly used to describe high speed networking systems. There is a question in comp.protocols.tcp-ip related to that term. Does the term make any sense? As far as I understand it, broadband originated in terms of television signals, where the signal bandwidth is a signfificant fractio... 26 Jul 2010 16:01
Signals on FFT bins, and Windowing
I have an input signal that is generated using the following statements. Fs = 1.4287e6 (Sampling Frequency) Fbin = 32 (FFT Bin Number) N = 2^17 (FFT points) t = 0:N-1 input = A*Sin(2*pi*(Fbin/N)*t) I send this input through a Delta Sigma modulator. And then decimate it by 100 using a CIC decimation filter. N... 21 Jul 2010 02:40
noncausal all-pass
Dear All, Maybe one of You Gurus would be able to shed to confirm (or criticise) my way of thinking. I am not DSP expert I am just trying to use DSP methods in other fields of science. My question relate to an all-pass filter structure: H(z)=z^-N[A(z^-1)/ A(z)]. The problem that I am trying to solve do not easil... 22 Jul 2010 08:05
Obtaining band-pass/stop coeffiecients from low/high-pass
I'm currently working on a general digital filtering app, and already have functionality to run a low/high-pass filter. The type of filter that I'm implementing is 2-pole IIR Chebysheb. Essentially, the app uses a borrowed algorithm to calculate the filter coefficients (using the z-transform) and then I use those c... 23 Jul 2010 12:30
Announcing ScopeIIR 5.0
Hi All, This is to announce the release of ScopeIIR 5.0, which is a comprehensive Windows tool for designing and analyzing Infinite Impulse Response (IIR) filters. The Trial Edition is free for 30 days. ScopeIIR designs high-order IIR filters based on Butterworth, Chebyshev, and Elliptic prototypes. It des... 26 Jul 2010 23:45