First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
fft question
hi, can anyone tell me how to perform 2d fft? what i understood for 2d fft is that for each rows we perform individual fft's and place the result on the respective rows and similarly for the columns. what i mean is suppose i have an array of 2d data as: 0000 0110 0110 0000 now what i am trying to do is calc... 3 Aug 2010 19:08
Fresh review of an old favorite...
Still the most best book on my shelf... DSP: Beyond the theory, straight into practice... 30 Jul 2010 15:11
energy conservation in linear-nonlinear systems
Hello Forum, say we have a linear system that preserves the total energy of the input signal x(t) in the output signal y(t). That means that the spectral components at particular frequencies in y(t) may have smaller or bigger amplitudes than in the x(t), as long as the sum of the squared amplitudes is the same as ... 3 Aug 2010 15:50
fft question
hi, can anyone tell me how to perform 2d fft? what i understood for 2d fft is that for each rows we perform individual fft's and place the result on the respective rows and similarly for the columns. what i mean is suppose i have an array of 2d data as: 0000 0110 0110 0000 now what i am trying to do is c... 30 Jul 2010 18:33
Special Issue on Cognitive Information Processing
Deadline Extended, Special Issue on Cognitive Information Processing Due to large number of requests, the deadline for paper submission for MJEE special issue on cognitive information processing extended to August 20. Topics of interests include, but are not limited to, the following subject categories: The... 30 Jul 2010 02:07
advice on course of action - a techie's retribution
> (6) Accept the idea that you actually lack clarity.  You wouldn't be the first engineer who did.  So find an advocate among the "low level" people who understands what you're proposing, and try to use your advocate as a translator between what you say and what you mean.  If what you've done in the past is as... 31 Jul 2010 06:24
Data-path accuracy in IIR filters?
I am working on a project where I need to implement 6-th order Butterworth low-pass filters in an FPGA. In some the bandwidth is low relative to the input data rate, whereas others have higher bandwidth. I can use ScopeIIR or Matlab to give me a good idea of coefficient accuracy for any given ratio of bandwidth t... 2 Aug 2010 20:14
an audio question about impedance matching
i know it's not DSP, but i thought people on the list would have some experience, opinions, and knowledge. whether it's a microphone going into a preamp or mix board, or an electric guitar going into a guitar amp, how does impedance matching (or mismatching) affect *tone*? the way i see it (as an EE) is: 1.... 31 Jul 2010 01:05
24/48 v 24/96
If we have a 24 bit input signal at 48kHz is there any benefit to be had processing it at 24/96? ... 3 Aug 2010 14:43
fft spectrum analyser using c6416 dsk
hi everyone i have been allocated a project to design a fft spectrum analyser on the c6416 dsk board and also a power spectral density.the problem i am not a strong c programmer. i know about fft algorithms but dont know how to omplement them on this board.can anyone tell me where to start and any fft algorithms that ... 29 Jul 2010 09:39