From: Jim on
D.M. Procida <real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk> wrote:

> What's the best way to achieve this? I don't think it can be done in the
> Finder, because the files need to be in the right order and the Mac does
> in alphabetically (which turns out to be wrong).

try this:

<http://geek.thinkunique.org/wp-content/uploads/DVD_Image_Utility.zip>

Instructions here:

<http://geek.thinkunique.org/2007/07/17/dvd-image-utility/>

It's an Applescript app where you just drag'n'drop the folder containing
the VIDEO_TS folder onto it and it will create a correctly formatted
disk image file that you then burn using Disk Utility. I've used it a
couple of times, works well.

Jim
--
"Microsoft admitted its Vista operating system was a 'less good
product' in what IT experts have described as the most ambitious
From: iballooka on
On 2010-07-31 20:48:07 +0100,
real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk (D.M. Procida) said:

> What's the best way to achieve this? I don't think it can be done in the
> Finder, because the files need to be in the right order and the Mac does
> in alphabetically (which turns out to be wrong).
>
> Daniele

I use Toast simple to use drag and drop and works every time...
--
Mike
Peace and Happiness is a State of Mind....

From: Rowland McDonnell on
Ian McCall <ian(a)eruvia.org> wrote:

> real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid (Rowland McDonnell) said:
>
> > D.M. Procida <real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> What's the best way to achieve this? I don't think it can be done in the
> >> Finder, because the files need to be in the right order and the Mac does
> >> in alphabetically (which turns out to be wrong).
> >
> > DVDRemaster does it for me.
>
> There's the freebie Burn too:
> <http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html>

Hmm.

I had that one - sat there on disc, ready to use. How come I never have
done?

Anyone else got that problem? Software that you fetch when you hear
about it, installed for `as and when I need to do what it does', then
promptly forgotten about?

Rowland.

--
Remove the animal for email address: rowland.mcdonnell(a)dog.physics.org
Sorry - the spam got to me
From: Rowland McDonnell on
iballooka <kamtek(a)nospamtoday.hotmail.com> wrote:

> real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk (D.M. Procida) said:
>
> > What's the best way to achieve this? I don't think it can be done in the
> > Finder, because the files need to be in the right order and the Mac does
> > in alphabetically (which turns out to be wrong).
> >
> > Daniele
>
> I use Toast simple to use drag and drop and works every time...

Expensive rip-off pricing for the UK:

<http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/toast/titanium/overview.html>

USD 79.99

<http://www.squaregroup.co.uk/product/Toast_10_Titanium>

GBP 79.99

Since there's free software that'll do this job - or rather cheaper
shareware if you want to pay - why go for Toast?

Seriously - what's the benefit in paying out all that loot? What do you
get that MacOS X disc burning plus what you get with cheaper/free third
party software that makes Toast worth all that money?

Rowland.

From: Steve Firth on
Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:

> try this: