From: Stimpy on
On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 15:35:20 +0100, Jaimie Vandenbergh wrote

>>> My thoughts exactly :-)
>>>
>>> In fact I quite often forget that you can add comments in the Get Info
>>> panel.
>>>
>> Until I read the above, I'd had no idea that you could.
>
> That's too far to look, for me - I tend to just put a note in the
> filename. And the serial, if I've registered it.

Remember, you can set the Comment field to display in the finder so you don't
even need to invoke 'Get Info' to see it.

From: Sara on
In article <slrni5dm99.1kcv.jim(a)wotan.magrathea.local>,
Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:

> >>Until I read the above, I'd had no idea that you could.
> >
> > That's too far to look, for me - I tend to just put a note in the
> > filename. And the serial, if I've registered it.
>
> I tend to email serials to one of my GMail addresses.
>
> Jim

I've started keeping a password protected arsebundle with all my
serials/logins as separate text docs. Saves an awful lot of buggering
about when I need something I haven't even thought about for 6 months
and have *no idea* what password rules they had thatwould give me a clue
as to what password I'd used.

And even better, Dropbox has a lovely 'oops moment' undoer for when I've
over-written my username with my new password. Lovely.

--
Sara

Run out of ideas for a sig for the moment
From: Jim on
On 2010-08-02, Sara <saramerriman(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> I've started keeping a password protected arsebundle...

I still love that term.

Jim
--
Twitter:@GreyAreaUK

"If you have enough book space, I don't want to talk to you."
Terry Pratchett
From: Sara on
In article <0001HW.C87CA2FB0AD0A885F0407648(a)news.eclipse.co.uk>,
Stimpy <stimpy1997uk(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 15:35:20 +0100, Jaimie Vandenbergh wrote

> >> Until I read the above, I'd had no idea that you could.
> >
> > That's too far to look, for me - I tend to just put a note in the
> > filename. And the serial, if I've registered it.
>
> Remember, you can set the Comment field to display in the finder so you don't
> even need to invoke 'Get Info' to see it.

But then it looks all messy.

From: Graeme on
In message <slrni5dlcp.1jpe.jim(a)wotan.magrathea.local>
Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:

> > > if it's not obvious from the name, I add a comment to the file so I
> > > remember what it's for!
> >
> > Far too sensible.
>
> My thoughts exactly :-)
>
> In fact I quite often forget that you can add comments in the Get Info
> panel.

Useful.

--
Graeme Wall