From: David Paste on
On 2 Aug, 03:40, demp...(a)actrix.gen.nz (David Empson) wrote:
> David Paste <pasteda...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 31 July, 22:58, demp...(a)actrix.gen.nz (David Empson) wrote:
>
> > > The VIDEO_TS folder must be placed at the top level of the DVD, and thre
> > > should be an empty AUDIO_TS folder alongside it.
>
> > Just out of interest, what is the purpose of the empty AUDIO_TS folder?
>
> Some devices expect it to be there. It is actually the folder in which
> DVD-Audio content would go, but it is normally empty for a DVD-Video
> disc.
>
> It is possible for a single disc to have both DVD-Video and DVD-Audio
> content, but DVD-Audio is rare enough that I've never paid any attention
> to it.
>
> --
> David Empson
> demp...(a)actrix.gen.nz

Cheers
From: Gwynne Harper on
Rowland McDonnell <real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid> wrote:

> Anyone else got that problem? Software that you fetch when you hear
> about it, installed for `as and when I need to do what it does', then
> promptly forgotten about?

Yup - sometimes, given the cryptic names, I can't even remember what
it's actually for, or even why I thought I wanted it in the first place.

Gwynne
--
My real email is net, not line.
From: Gwynne Harper on
Rowland McDonnell <real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid> wrote:

> Since there's free software that'll do this job - or rather cheaper
> shareware if you want to pay - why go for Toast?

I just went to Roxio's site and changed the currency to USD - they
didn't (at that time, anyway) add VAT etc so I just paid the dollar
equivalent and that day's exchange rate.

Gwynne
--
My real email is net, not line.
From: Sara on
In article <1jmlv92.1qz90k16p7kkcN%g.harper(a)gmx.line>,
g.harper(a)gmx.line (Gwynne Harper) wrote:

> Rowland McDonnell <real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Anyone else got that problem? Software that you fetch when you hear
> > about it, installed for `as and when I need to do what it does', then
> > promptly forgotten about?
>
> Yup - sometimes, given the cryptic names, I can't even remember what
> it's actually for, or even why I thought I wanted it in the first place.

Oh lordy yes, I accumulate tons of the stuff. Every time I decide to
have a clear out of everything I don't recognise and can't remember what
it's supposed to do, I panic incase I'll need *that very thing*
tomorrow. But then - how would I know? I can't remember what any of this
stuff is suppoed to do. Aieeeeeeeeeee.

--
Sara

Run out of ideas for a sig for the moment
From: Stimpy on
On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 14:35:43 +0100, Gwynne Harper wrote
> Rowland McDonnell <real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Anyone else got that problem? Software that you fetch when you hear
>> about it, installed for `as and when I need to do what it does', then
>> promptly forgotten about?
>
> Yup - sometimes, given the cryptic names, I can't even remember what
> it's actually for, or even why I thought I wanted it in the first place.

if it's not obvious from the name, I add a comment to the file so I remember
what it's for!