From: Woody on
Rowland McDonnell <real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid> wrote:
> Ian McCall <ian(a)eruvia.org> wrote:
>
>> real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid (Rowland McDonnell) said:

>>> DVDRemaster does it for me.
>>
>> There's the freebie Burn too:
>> <http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html>
>
> Hmm.
>
> I had that one - sat there on disc, ready to use. How come I never
> have
> done?
>
> Anyone else got that problem? Software that you fetch when you hear
> about it, installed for `as and when I need to do what it does', then
> promptly forgotten about?

A large amount of it.
Especially software bought in a bundle

--
Woody
From: Stimpy on
On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 20:48:07 +0100, D.M. Procida wrote
> What's the best way to achieve this? I don't think it can be done in the
> Finder, because the files need to be in the right order and the Mac does
> in alphabetically (which turns out to be wrong).

I use DVD2ONE, seems dead reliable

From: David Paste on
On 31 July, 22:58, demp...(a)actrix.gen.nz (David Empson) wrote:

> The VIDEO_TS folder must be placed at the top level of the DVD, and thre
> should be an empty AUDIO_TS folder alongside it.

Just out of interest, what is the purpose of the empty AUDIO_TS folder?
From: David Empson on
David Paste <pastedavid(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On 31 July, 22:58, demp...(a)actrix.gen.nz (David Empson) wrote:
>
> > The VIDEO_TS folder must be placed at the top level of the DVD, and thre
> > should be an empty AUDIO_TS folder alongside it.
>
> Just out of interest, what is the purpose of the empty AUDIO_TS folder?

Some devices expect it to be there. It is actually the folder in which
DVD-Audio content would go, but it is normally empty for a DVD-Video
disc.

It is possible for a single disc to have both DVD-Video and DVD-Audio
content, but DVD-Audio is rare enough that I've never paid any attention
to it.

--
David Empson
dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz
From: Martin S Taylor on
Rowland McDonnell wrote
> Seriously - what's the benefit in paying out all that loot? What do you
> get that MacOS X disc burning plus what you get with cheaper/free third
> party software that makes Toast worth all that money?

Hybrid disks.

They appear as two disks on your desktop - one with data, one an audio CD.

I don't think any other software does this.

MST