From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 16:29:47 +0100, Stimpy <stimpy1997uk(a)yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 15:35:20 +0100, Jaimie Vandenbergh wrote

>>> Until I read the above, I'd had no idea that you could.
>>
>> That's too far to look, for me - I tend to just put a note in the
>> filename. And the serial, if I've registered it.
>
>Remember, you can set the Comment field to display in the finder so you don't
>even need to invoke 'Get Info' to see it.

Aye, but it works poorly in columns view, which is what I habitually
use.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"If you're not able to ask questions and deal with the answers without feeling
that someone has called your intelligence or competence into question, don't
From: Stimpy on
On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 16:37:30 +0100, Sara wrote

> I've started keeping a password protected arsebundle with all my
> serials/logins as separate text docs.

For reasons not relevant here, I've had a break from Usenet for about a year.
I'm so pleased to see the term 'arsebundle' has prevailed :-)

From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 17:22:16 +0100, Stimpy <stimpy1997uk(a)yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 16:37:30 +0100, Sara wrote
>
>> I've started keeping a password protected arsebundle with all my
>> serials/logins as separate text docs.
>
>For reasons not relevant here, I've had a break from Usenet for about a year.
> I'm so pleased to see the term 'arsebundle' has prevailed :-)

*proud*

Cheers - Jaimie
--
Ford carried on counting quietly. This is about the most aggressive thing
you can do to a computer, the equivalent of going up to a human being and
From: Bruce Horrocks on
On 02/08/2010 16:37, Sara wrote:
> I've started keeping a password protected arsebundle with all my
> serials/logins as separate text docs. Saves an awful lot of buggering
> about when I need something I haven't even thought about for 6 months
> and have*no idea* what password rules they had thatwould give me a clue
> as to what password I'd used.

I do that except that I use secure notes in Keychain. I use two extra
keychains: one is password protected for important things like on-line
banking passwords whilst the second has no password and is just used for
web-site registrations, no financial accounts etc.

--
Bruce Horrocks
Surrey
From: Rowland McDonnell on
Martin S Taylor <mst(a)hRyEpMnOoVtEiTsHm.cIo.uSk> wrote:

> Rowland McDonnell wrote
> >> Hybrid disks.
> >>
> >> They appear as two disks on your desktop - one with data, one an audio CD.
> >
> > Ah. Hmm. Okay. I've bought a few of them. Never seen how to back 'em
> > up.
>
> That's why I use them! I sell them after my shows,

Shows? So what have I missed?

> and they're (slightly)
> more difficult to duplicate.

In the case of the Iron Maiden discs I've got: ripping the music was the
same process as usual; getting the video files off was easy, but because
it's a very old approach they use, it's not at all certain that I can
even play the blasted originals on this Intel iMac (not actually looked
at the discs for /ages/ - bit busy now, so not bothering now either).

Rowland.

--
Remove the animal for email address: rowland.mcdonnell(a)dog.physics.org
Sorry - the spam got to me