From: jr4412 on
On 8 July, 16:57, Mark Shuttleworth
<orchestratedfl...(a)markshuttleworth.com> wrote:
> Another Linux user successfully driven (mad) away from Slackware to
> Ubuntu!

given the 'quality' of Archer's posts in various newsgroups (check out
the rants at atheists), I'd say, you're welcome.
From: Archer on
On 2010-07-08, jr4412 <jr4412(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 July, 16:57, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> >
> > Another Linux user successfully driven (mad) away from Slackware to
> > Ubuntu!
>
> given the 'quality' of Archer's posts in various newsgroups (check out
> the rants at atheists), I'd say, you're welcome.

Do some checking yourself, idiot. I don't post there.

Archer.
From: Joseph Rosevear on
Archer <champ(a)the.bit> wrote:

> Thanks, Joe. I did as you did, except for using a different p2p client.
> Normally, I'd think that the client was the problem, but it's giving no
> trouble with othr sites.
>
> I've gone for and ftp download.

Ftp? How did you manage that? I don't seem able to get ftp to work
reliably (if at all) for downloads of that size. Anyway, I quit
trying.

Glad you succeeded!

-Joe

From: Helmut Hullen on
Hallo, Joseph,

Du meintest am 09.07.10:

>> I've gone for and ftp download.

> Ftp? How did you manage that? I don't seem able to get ftp to work
> reliably (if at all) for downloads of that size. Anyway, I quit
> trying.

CLI or GUI (Browser FTP)?

The last big FTP download I managed with the "midnight commander" mc.

"lftp" might have done the job too, but one success was enough for me.

Viele Gruesse
Helmut

From: Res on
On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 10:53:35 +0000, Archer wrote:

> On 2010-07-05, Res <res(a)ausics.net> wrote:

>> > Actual Australian ftp sites do not seem to be carrying much slackware
>> > material, but speeds to the US and Europe are not so bad from my part
>> > of Australia... If you continue to have trouble send an email from
>> > this website:
>> >
>> > http://www.andrews-corner.org
>> >
>> > and I can send you a copy, us Aussies should stick together :).
>> >
>> > Andrew
>>

>> The mirrors page is out of date,
>
> Mmm. I tried amending ftp.planetmirror.com to planetmirror.com and got
> connected, but their "slackwarei" page has OpenOffice and such. No
> slack.
>
>> has been for over 4 years, I've
>> brought
>> it to their attention several times, I have given up in recent times, I
>> even offered to take over maintaining it, but got as much response as I
>> did with the dead links :) so forget the official slackware mirror site
>> listing.
>>
>> Archer: Internode's mirror (unofficial mirror) carries it.
>
> That'd be perfect, but I can't find it from their home page, logged in
> or not. Any way, I'm presently downloading it by ftp from a Belgian
> site.
>
> Thanbks, Rez.
>
> Archer

Hi,