From: Karl E. Peterson on
Wow, not only has www.eternal-september.org apparently said it will not
honor the rogue rmgroup requests for the microsoft.public.* hierarchy,
it appears they have now added (nearly?) all the groups that they
didn't already have to those they carry!

If you have an E-S account, and are using a newsreader that doesn't
automatically notify you of new groups, it's time to renew your lists.

--
..NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

From: C. Kevin Provance on
Time for me to make the switch.

--

:
: If you have an E-S account, and are using a newsreader that doesn't
: automatically notify you of new groups, it's time to renew your lists.
:
: --
: .NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org
: Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT
: ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
: Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org
:
:

From: Nobody on
"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
> Wow, not only has www.eternal-september.org apparently said it will not
> honor the rogue rmgroup requests for the microsoft.public.* hierarchy, it
> appears they have now added (nearly?) all the groups that they didn't
> already have to those they carry!

If Google honors "rmgroup" command, then unfortunately new
microsoft.public.* posts will not be archived or searchable in Google.

From: Jeff Johnson on
"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message

I have switched. I'm going to leave the MSNews server account configured so
I can watch the groups I'm subscribed to fade away. 4 disappeared this
morning.

Bastards. And I mean both Microsoft AND the idiot unwashed masses who think
Web forums/Facebook/Twitter are better than NNTP.

From: DanS on
"Jeff Johnson" <i.get(a)enough.spam> wrote in

> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
>
> I have switched. I'm going to leave the MSNews server
> account configured so I can watch the groups I'm subscribed
> to fade away. 4 disappeared this morning.
>
> Bastards. And I mean both Microsoft AND the idiot unwashed
> masses who think Web forums/Facebook/Twitter are better
> than NNTP.

The big beef I have with web 'forums' is usually there is no
threading messages.....it just looks like one long page of post
after post with no hierarchy shown.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Prev: Find unused controls on a form