From: Helmut Meukel on
"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Jeff Johnson submitted this idea :
>> "kpg" <ipost(a)thereforeiam> wrote ...

>>> I'm coming in to this late...what is the advantage of using es vs ms?
>>>
>>> Is ms dropping the classic vb groups? Nobody tells me anything.
>>
>> Search for older threads with "Microsoft responds" in the subject line.
>
> Or alternatively...
>
> Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Communities
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx

MS has already dropped both german classic VB groups:
microsoft.public.de.vb and
microsoft.public.de.vb.datenbank

Also dropped microsoft.public.de.fox

Helmut.

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Wolfgang Enzinger wrote:
> us they have something new instead which is far better. Well ... go and check
> yourself what they have to offer. The good news is: if you don't like it, you
> can just stick with what you have.

Boy, I've been over there, looked, and am still shaking! <chuckle>
It's just *nutz* I tell ya. Examples:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/8905dfca-8302-40df-a765-0359009297c6#5e216914-1f5c-4305-abcf-16a3c99e2c93

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/ba2234f8-cc2f-41c8-8c1f-551558023c3e

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/46557a29-1789-4f77-97c9-4c8be533438b

I gotta say, it sort of refreshing to watch them react in horror when
someone answers a ClassicVB question. <eg>

--
..NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

From: Henning on

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> skrev i meddelandet
> Wolfgang Enzinger wrote:
>> us they have something new instead which is far better. Well ... go and
>> check
>> yourself what they have to offer. The good news is: if you don't like it,
>> you
>> can just stick with what you have.
>
> Boy, I've been over there, looked, and am still shaking! <chuckle> It's
> just *nutz* I tell ya. Examples:
>
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/8905dfca-8302-40df-a765-0359009297c6#5e216914-1f5c-4305-abcf-16a3c99e2c93
>
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/ba2234f8-cc2f-41c8-8c1f-551558023c3e
>
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/46557a29-1789-4f77-97c9-4c8be533438b
>
> I gotta say, it sort of refreshing to watch them react in horror when
> someone answers a ClassicVB question. <eg>
>
> --
> .NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org
> Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT
> ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
> Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org

Ha, I'll hold you responsible for an hour of lost work by them links;) Just
couldn't stop reading...

/Henning

From: C. Kevin Provance on

:
: Boy, I've been over there, looked, and am still shaking! <chuckle>
: It's just *nutz* I tell ya. Examples:

Oh lookie, you have a dingle ball.

Oh wait, I HAVE ONE TOO!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if I ask, if they'll remove that dingle ball off of my name. I do
NOT want to be construed as helpful in any way shape or form.

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Helmut Meukel wrote:
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Jeff Johnson submitted this idea :
>>> "kpg" <ipost(a)thereforeiam> wrote ...

>>> Search for older threads with "Microsoft responds" in the subject line.
>>
>> Or alternatively...
>>
>> Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Communities
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx
>>

> MS has already dropped both german classic VB groups:
> microsoft.public.de.vb and
> microsoft.public.de.vb.datenbank
>
> Also dropped microsoft.public.de.fox

Yeah, I got a post rejected from m.p.basic.dos yesterday.

Bastards...

--
..NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT