From: Karl E. Peterson on
Henning wrote:
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> skrev...
>> Wolfgang Enzinger wrote:
>>> us they have something new instead which is far better. Well ... go and
>>> check
>>> yourself what they have to offer. The good news is: if you don't like it,
>>> you
>>> can just stick with what you have.
>>
>> Boy, I've been over there, looked, and am still shaking! <chuckle> It's
>> just *nutz* I tell ya. Examples:
>>
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/8905dfca-8302-40df-a765-0359009297c6#5e216914-1f5c-4305-abcf-16a3c99e2c93
>>
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/ba2234f8-cc2f-41c8-8c1f-551558023c3e
>>
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/46557a29-1789-4f77-97c9-4c8be533438b
>>
>> I gotta say, it sort of refreshing to watch them react in horror when
>> someone answers a ClassicVB question. <eg>
>
> Ha, I'll hold you responsible for an hour of lost work by them links;) Just
> couldn't stop reading...

It's actually amazing what you can post there. I did find out this
afternoon, though, that they apparently block me from embedding YouTube
videos. <LOL>

Ya just gotta play 'em like the Big-Mouthed Bass they are. Give 'em
some line to run, then reel 'em back a bit, then let 'em run, then...
<vbg>

--
..NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

From: Karl E. Peterson on
C. Kevin Provance wrote:
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
>>
>> Boy, I've been over there, looked, and am still shaking! <chuckle>
>> It's just *nutz* I tell ya. Examples:
>
> Oh lookie, you have a dingle ball.
>
> Oh wait, I HAVE ONE TOO!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFLMAO! Sorry about that. I think I marked one of your posts as
"helpful." Heheheheh...

> I wonder if I ask, if they'll remove that dingle ball off of my name. I do
> NOT want to be construed as helpful in any way shape or form.

Mea culpa. <bg>

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Karl E. Peterson wrote:
> Henning wrote:
>>>
>>> Boy, I've been over there, looked, and am still shaking! <chuckle> It's
>>> just *nutz* I tell ya. Examples:
>>>
>>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/8905dfca-8302-40df-a765-0359009297c6#5e216914-1f5c-4305-abcf-16a3c99e2c93
>>>
>>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/ba2234f8-cc2f-41c8-8c1f-551558023c3e
>>>
>>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/46557a29-1789-4f77-97c9-4c8be533438b
>>>
>>> I gotta say, it sort of refreshing to watch them react in horror when
>>> someone answers a ClassicVB question. <eg>
>>
>> Ha, I'll hold you responsible for an hour of lost work by them links;) Just
>> couldn't stop reading...
>
> It's actually amazing what you can post there. I did find out this
> afternoon, though, that they apparently block me from embedding YouTube
> videos. <LOL>
>
> Ya just gotta play 'em like the Big-Mouthed Bass they are. Give 'em some
> line to run, then reel 'em back a bit, then let 'em run, then... <vbg>

LOL!!!!!!!!! Well, I did it. Got my first thread locked, and all I
had to do was drag an ExecVP and Dingleballs into the same sentence.
Apparently, this post pushed them over the edge.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/ba2234f8-cc2f-41c8-8c1f-551558023c3e#8f1ad7a7-be6f-4c73-b46b-f3c3f5a201ef

Seems like someone wants to play a round of whack-a-mole? <eg>

From: Larry Serflaten on

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote

> Boy, I've been over there, looked, and am still shaking! <chuckle>
> It's just *nutz* I tell ya. Examples:

It is pretty clear what their intentions are. We saw the 'invites' from
nntp(a)microsoft direct people to the VB.general forum, where that forum
says VB6 questions are not to be posted. Now, the portal page that 'Beth'
was to update _includes_ a Visual Basic 6 link!
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/forums/default.mspx

You get one guess where that link takes you....

<lol>
LFS

From: mp on
so I thought "everyone" was moving over to comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
why are these threads here...why is the group still here for that
matter...as they're dropping like flys
and why am i only seeing one or two posts a day over on es
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
did i get the group name wrong?
mark

> C. Kevin Provance wrote:
>> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Boy, I've been over there, looked, and am still shaking! <chuckle>
>>> It's just *nutz* I tell ya. Examples:
>>
>> Oh lookie, you have a dingle ball.
>>
>> Oh wait, I HAVE ONE TOO!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> ROFLMAO! Sorry about that. I think I marked one of your posts as
> "helpful." Heheheheh...
>
>> I wonder if I ask, if they'll remove that dingle ball off of my name. I
>> do NOT want to be construed as helpful in any way shape or form.
>
> Mea culpa. <bg>
>
> --
> .NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org
> Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT
> ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
> Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Prev: Find unused controls on a form
Next: stepper motor