From: Bob O`Bob on
Karl E. Peterson wrote:

> Any other recent migrants from msnews? :-)

I was never "exclusively" there anyway.

Bob
From: Leo on
on 5/7/2010, Bob O`Bob supposed :
> Karl E. Peterson wrote:
>
>> Any other recent migrants from msnews? :-)
>>

> I was never "exclusively" there anyway.
>

> Bob

Im here aswell and also just converted to MesNews

From: Henning on

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> skrev i meddelandet
> Karl E. Peterson explained on 5/4/2010 :
>> The final insult they had left to deliver...
>>
>> Q: When will this transition be complete?
>>
>> A: Microsoft is closing newsgroups in phases and anticipates completing
>> this by Fall 2010.
>>
>> Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Communities
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx
>
> Nice to see some familiar faces who've been here all along!
>
> Any other recent migrants from msnews? :-)

Been watching this grp until my ISP closed down, now accessing thru eternal.

/Henning

From: Helmut Meukel on
"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Karl E. Peterson explained on 5/4/2010 :
>> The final insult they had left to deliver...
>>
>> Q: When will this transition be complete?
>>
>> A: Microsoft is closing newsgroups in phases and anticipates completing this
>> by Fall 2010.
>>
>> Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Communities
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx
>
> Nice to see some familiar faces who've been here all along!
>
> Any other recent migrants from msnews? :-)

My ISP has no newsserver, had to search for one, I'm now using Aioe.org

When looking for the right group I found first the empty alt.comp.lang.vb
and alt.comp.lang.visualbasic .
Can anybody explain to an Usenet newbie why there are these groups and
what this alt in the group name says?
Could be irritating for other newbies searching for the right VB Classic group
to find those empty groups.

Helmut.

From: dpb on
Helmut Meukel wrote:

> Can anybody explain to an Usenet newbie why there are these groups and
> what this alt in the group name says?

Basically, it's just a top-level hierarchy name just as was the
"microsoft" in the MS-sponsored hierarchy. There's a little more
context in usenet; for details, see

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet>