From: Karl E. Peterson on
Bob O`Bob presented the following explanation :
> Karl E. Peterson wrote:
>
>> Any other recent migrants from msnews? :-)
>
> I was never "exclusively" there anyway.

Well, yeah. <g>

From: GS on
Karl E. Peterson submitted this idea :
> GEFS presented the following explanation :
>> on 5/6/2010, Karl E. Peterson supposed :
>>> Karl E. Peterson explained on 5/4/2010 :

>>> Nice to see some familiar faces who've been here all along!
>>>
>>> Any other recent migrants from msnews? :-)
>>
>> Hi Karl,
>> I made it here too.
>> What's with all the .Nxt stuff?
>
> Looks like the same basic confusion we saw on msnews. Microsoft gave the
> same name to two completely different products.

Ok Karl, looks like I'm back to my GS. Not sure why that got
changed<??>

How do you manage the time for all these NGs you subscribe to? I've
lost my entire day just between VB and Excel! Not complaining, -just an
observation since I started using a newsreader over webUI.

One thing I notice about here is my posts show up faster!

From: Michael Cole on
Karl E. Peterson wrote:
> Karl E. Peterson explained on 5/4/2010 :
>> The final insult they had left to deliver...
>>
>> Q: When will this transition be complete?
>>
>> A: Microsoft is closing newsgroups in phases and anticipates
>> completing this by Fall 2010.
>>
>> Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Communities
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx
>
> Nice to see some familiar faces who've been here all along!
>
> Any other recent migrants from msnews? :-)

Woot.

Interesting thing is that I just started a new job last Thursday as a VB6
Developer, after 4 years in .Net development. The stuff is still out
there...

--
Regards,

Michael Cole

From: Access Developer on
Yep, haven't been around for a while, but thought I would drop in. I see
some names here in this thread that I hadn't seen even for a long time
before I took a long "breather".

--
Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP
Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by Wiley

From: Kevin Provance on
"Access Developer" <accdevel(a)gmail.com> wrote in message news:856n3rFgv7U1(a)mid.individual.net...
: Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by Wiley

I think I've seen that book in the office of the last company I did work for. The guy who had it is a freaking Access guru.

Cool. :-)