From: Larry Serflaten on

"dpb" <none(a)non.net> wrote

> BTW, anybody of those really involved ever contact the comp.* gurus
> about the offer to fasttrack some groups? Or, is it simply going to be
> a wait and see thing after all?

Not having read any RFD's or anything, I would think adding new
groups would be on an 'as needed' basis. And for now, this one group
may cover the need...

LFS

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Larry Serflaten was thinking very hard :
> "dpb" <none(a)non.net> wrote
>
>> BTW, anybody of those really involved ever contact the comp.* gurus
>> about the offer to fasttrack some groups? Or, is it simply going to be
>> a wait and see thing after all?
>
> Not having read any RFD's or anything, I would think adding new
> groups would be on an 'as needed' basis. And for now, this one group
> may cover the need...

Certainly, if only the regulars make the migration. <g>

I wonder if we need to start spamming "reminders" as well?

Maybe some sort of boilerplate response to all their nonsense?

From: Access Developer on
This group is the result of a split of comp.lang.basic.visual... it was
split into several groups covering database, 3rd party software, etc., but
almost all the post came here and over time, all or most of the others died
from lack of interest.

I haven't had enough interest in VB.NET to check, but if the DotNetters need
a group, they can contact the Big 8 Management Board.

--
Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP
Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by Wiley

From: dpb on
Karl E. Peterson wrote:
> dpb formulated on Wednesday :

>> BTW, anybody of those really involved ever contact the comp.* gurus
>> about the offer to fasttrack some groups? Or, is it simply going to
>> be a wait and see thing after all?
>
> Personally, I've yet to hear the need justified. (There, I said it.
> <g>) Do we really think this group is going to overflow?

That was my initial reaction as well.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to "spambot" the MS groups while they're
still operational w/ the address of c.l.b.v.m for a modicum of
(obviously short term) visibility (other than I presume that the google
group archive won't disappear altho that may be a rash assumption, too)

1/Day or every other wouldn't seem too excessive given the
soon-to-be-demise I'd think if somebody wanted to do it.

From: Karl E. Peterson on
dpb formulated on Wednesday :
> Karl E. Peterson wrote:
>> dpb formulated on Wednesday :
>
>>> BTW, anybody of those really involved ever contact the comp.* gurus about
>>> the offer to fasttrack some groups? Or, is it simply going to be a wait
>>> and see thing after all?
>>
>> Personally, I've yet to hear the need justified. (There, I said it. <g>)
>> Do we really think this group is going to overflow?
>
> That was my initial reaction as well.
>
> I suppose it wouldn't hurt to "spambot" the MS groups while they're still
> operational w/ the address of c.l.b.v.m for a modicum of (obviously short
> term) visibility (other than I presume that the google group archive won't
> disappear altho that may be a rash assumption, too)
>
> 1/Day or every other wouldn't seem too excessive given the soon-to-be-demise
> I'd think if somebody wanted to do it.

Makes sense to me. (Along with links to a couple of free providers.)