From: Karl E. Peterson on
Karl E. Peterson explained on 5/4/2010 :
> The final insult they had left to deliver...
>
> Q: When will this transition be complete?
>
> A: Microsoft is closing newsgroups in phases and anticipates completing this
> by Fall 2010.
>
> Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Communities
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx

Nice to see some familiar faces who've been here all along!

Any other recent migrants from msnews? :-)

From: Bob Butler on

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
> Karl E. Peterson explained on 5/4/2010 :
>> The final insult they had left to deliver...
>>
>> Q: When will this transition be complete?
>>
>> A: Microsoft is closing newsgroups in phases and anticipates completing
>> this by Fall 2010.
>>
>> Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Communities
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx
>
> Nice to see some familiar faces who've been here all along!
>
> Any other recent migrants from msnews? :-)

My ISP carries this as well as the m.p.vb.* groups so I'm now reading
through that instead of the msnews server. MS has been no help with VB for
10 years now so there's really no pain in finally cutting that last cord.

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Bob Butler explained on 5/6/2010 :
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote...
>> Karl E. Peterson explained on 5/4/2010 :
>>> The final insult they had left to deliver...
>>>
>>> Q: When will this transition be complete?
>>>
>>> A: Microsoft is closing newsgroups in phases and anticipates completing
>>> this by Fall 2010.
>>>
>>> Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Communities
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx
>>
>> Nice to see some familiar faces who've been here all along!
>>
>> Any other recent migrants from msnews? :-)
>
> My ISP carries this as well as the m.p.vb.* groups so I'm now reading through
> that instead of the msnews server. MS has been no help with VB for 10 years
> now so there's really no pain in finally cutting that last cord.

This will be a great refuge, no doubt.

But as someone else suggested, it will irritate "them" to end if we
keep the m.p.vb.* hierarchy alive for many more years to come! <eg>

From: Bob Butler on

> Bob Butler explained on 5/6/2010 :
>> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote...
>>> Karl E. Peterson explained on 5/4/2010 :

>>> Nice to see some familiar faces who've been here all along!
>>>
>>> Any other recent migrants from msnews? :-)
>>
>> My ISP carries this as well as the m.p.vb.* groups so I'm now reading
>> through that instead of the msnews server. MS has been no help with VB
>> for 10 years now so there's really no pain in finally cutting that last
>> cord.
>
> This will be a great refuge, no doubt.
>
> But as someone else suggested, it will irritate "them" to end if we keep
> the m.p.vb.* hierarchy alive for many more years to come! <eg>

There is something rather appealing about that...

From: Auric__ on
On Thu, 06 May 2010 22:59:08 GMT, Karl E. Peterson wrote:

> Karl E. Peterson explained on 5/4/2010 :
>> The final insult they had left to deliver...
>>
>> Q: When will this transition be complete?
>>
>> A: Microsoft is closing newsgroups in phases and anticipates completing
>> this by Fall 2010.
>>
>> Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Communities
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx
>
> Nice to see some familiar faces who've been here all along!
>
> Any other recent migrants from msnews? :-)

Some of us never left. ;-)

--
And throughout the day, mankind played with grenades.