From: Kevin Provance on
: If there is someone wanting to put together a proposal, I can sure help
: in seeing that it gets to the right folks. But I know very little
: about the actual process and procedures.

I'm all too familiar with proposals for the alt.* groups. Dealing with those chuckleheads is a flame war waiting to happen, even if you do your proposal correctly. I'll see if I can find the proposal guide. It's a mish mash of putting together statistics and probable statistics.
From: Karl E. Peterson on
Kevin Provance wrote :
>> If there is someone wanting to put together a proposal, I can sure help
>> in seeing that it gets to the right folks. But I know very little
>> about the actual process and procedures.
>
> I'm all too familiar with proposals for the alt.* groups. Dealing with those
> chuckleheads is a flame war waiting to happen, even if you do your proposal
> correctly. I'll see if I can find the proposal guide. It's a mish mash of
> putting together statistics and probable statistics.

Yeah, you can just imagine what it'd be like when the topic is VB. <g>

From: dpb on
Kevin Provance wrote:
> : If there is someone wanting to put together a proposal, I can sure help
> : in seeing that it gets to the right folks. But I know very little
> : about the actual process and procedures.
>
> I'm all too familiar with proposals for the alt.* groups. Dealing
> with those chuckleheads is a flame war waiting to happen, even if you
> do your proposal correctly. I'll see if I can find the proposal
> guide. It's a mish mash of putting together statistics and probable
> statistics.

But there was a reference posting in msnews (Hans/Olaf/bad memory :( )
that a being in the comp.* hierarchy suggested Big 8 could expedite a
request for series of replacement groups under appropriate comp.* spots
if somebody were to request same.

I'd not consider the alt.* alternative (so to speak) over that as being
a good choice. And, still not really sure there's sufficient volume of
traffic to justify it for the classic VB crowd here; whether there's
enough dissatisfaction w/ the other areas under msnews.* that they'll
generate enough interest for areas that aren't losing support only the
medium is another issue.

My question was one of only wondering if anybody had thought it of
enough significance that had followed up on that lead or not, not really
even intended at the level of as a suggestion to do so...

From: Helmut Meukel on
"dpb" <none(a)non.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Kevin Provance wrote:
>> : If there is someone wanting to put together a proposal, I can sure help :
>> in seeing that it gets to the right folks. But I know very little : about
>> the actual process and procedures.
>>
>> I'm all too familiar with proposals for the alt.* groups. Dealing
>> with those chuckleheads is a flame war waiting to happen, even if you
>> do your proposal correctly. I'll see if I can find the proposal
>> guide. It's a mish mash of putting together statistics and probable
>> statistics.
>
> But there was a reference posting in msnews (Hans/Olaf/bad memory :( ) that a
> being in the comp.* hierarchy suggested Big 8 could expedite a request for
> series of replacement groups under appropriate comp.* spots if somebody were
> to request same.
>
> I'd not consider the alt.* alternative (so to speak) over that as being a good
> choice. And, still not really sure there's sufficient volume of traffic to
> justify it for the classic VB crowd here; whether there's enough
> dissatisfaction w/ the other areas under msnews.* that they'll generate enough
> interest for areas that aren't losing support only the medium is another
> issue.
>
> My question was one of only wondering if anybody had thought it of enough
> significance that had followed up on that lead or not, not really even
> intended at the level of as a suggestion to do so...
>
> --

Hi,
there are two other existing groups:
alt.comp.lang.vb 27 threads since May 2009
and
alt.comp.lang.visualbasic 24 threads since May 2009
(not counting spam)

Helmut.