First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
KDE 3/4 Qt 3/4
J G Miller posted this message in ROT13 encoding: On Saturday, August 7th, 2010 at 18:42:13h -0400, Moshe Goldfarb declared: KDE 3.x was very good IMHO. KDE 4.x was a step backwards in just about everything except the eye candy factor. It does look very nice. Hey, something upon which we c... 8 Aug 2010 18:55
slackware 13.1 boot problem
Hello I have a slackware 13.1 installed. All partitions are EXT4. It works on the default kernel, but i compiled my own kernel. System not boot, there is message: http://przemek.org/boot.jpg There is kernel configuration: http://przemek.org/kernel/darkstar-linux-kernel-config This configuration works perfe... 8 Aug 2010 11:13
fc12 and gdm manual configure questions:
Hi All, Under Fedora Core 12, I have lost gdmsetup, so I have to do it manually. How do I: 1) How do I change the gdm greeter? 2) How do I configure automatic logon? 3) How do I configure everyone to login with Xfce instead of gnome? 4) How do I configure the users that show up in the gdm greete... 8 Aug 2010 15:36
configure wireless essid & enc key in debian squeeze?
I'd like to be able to use wired ethernet if it's available, otherwise wireless, with a static IP. It would be neat to be able to also use wireless with DHCP if I'm in a wifi cafe. I've tried network-manager (with knetworkmanager front end) and wicd and both swear blind that I don't even *have* a wireless interf... 8 Aug 2010 04:47
Does a quark in time save nine?
On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 06:26:16 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote: "j" in slrn. Never used slrn. Started with rn, then went on to nn (no news an excellent news reader in its day but sadly now extinct), followed by tin. Currently use pan, but have tried xpn twice which I was very tempted to switch to, but because... 6 Aug 2010 10:26
"Hadron" "Hadron" "Hadron" "Hadron" "Hadron" "Hadron" "Hadron""Hadron"
J G Miller posted this message in ROT13 encoding: On Thursday, August 5th, 2010, 22:05:47 +0200, Aragorn wrote: I hope, at the very least, that you enjoyed reading it. :p To be blunt, and I am not saying that the content was not good or well thought out -- it was *too* long. Verbosity does n... 6 Aug 2010 07:09
Another Liarmutter
On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 18:33:01 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote: At least I am not afraid of what others might think. That is easy to say when one is an anonymous nymshifter using an open news server. ... 8 Aug 2010 12:18
Flatfish still, in general, lying about Linux
Moshe Goldfarb posted this message in ROT13 encoding: On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 16:36:19 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc(a)launchmodem.com> wrote: Moshe Goldfarb posted this message in ROT13 encoding: Fair enough. I'm not attacking you, I'm commenting on the reality of Linux and printing/wirele... 5 Aug 2010 19:09
[Troll] Flatfish still, in general, lying about Linux
Moshe Goldfarb posted this message in ROT13 encoding: Fair enough. I'm not attacking you, I'm commenting on the reality of Linux and printing/wireless networking. Bullshit. -- "Inquiry is fatal to certainty." -- Will Durant ... 5 Aug 2010 16:53
mdadm (SW-RAID) and RAID6 performance. Or should I use HW-RAID?
Are there any users using mdadm for RAID6? I wanted to get a performance estimate. Usually for RAID0,1,5 etc. I prefer well-tested, open-source mdadm to some sort of hardware implemented proprietary RAID card. But I've read that the checksum computation for RAID6 is computationally expensive. Hence I was wond... 8 Aug 2010 11:13
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12