First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
make the command line you type invisible
to hide the user input to be displayed on screen, use the terminal line setting command stty -echo, whatever the user enters after this command will not be displayed in the screen. to make the input characters get displayed on the screen use stty echo ... 4 Jul 2010 18:49
Melaza de Shisha
Melaza de Shisha http://www.cachimbashisha.com/melaza-shisha.html En Cachimbashisha deseamos proveer sólo los mejores productos a nuestros clientes, te ofrecemos la más amplia variedad de sabores de shisha de los fabricantes más grandes de shisha (sheesha) en el mundo. Nosotros estamos constantemente alerta ... 30 Jun 2010 03:14
Need recommendation on high quality prebuilt computer
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:55:38 -0700, Todd wrote: My customer's a willing to pay a bit more for quality. So why not build it yourself for him? Alternatively there are plenty of sites on the web for quality made to order PCs where you can select case, select motherboard, select processor, select disks etc and... 1 Jul 2010 15:34
any opinions on wireless bridges?
Hi All, I have a customer who shoots across a street (about 75 yards) to a second building with a 802.11g Access Point. It does not work so well. Does anyone have a recommendation on a replacement? It does not necessarily have to be in the 802.11 family. Point to point will do fine. Many thanks, -T ... 29 Jun 2010 12:57
need info about buffers(cache)
Hello! I need to read(find) info how linux write file to filesystem. what buffers are used(cache), what is done at the begining to end. Any help? reagards - MJ ... 29 Jun 2010 16:16
Fueling your car with natural gas from home
Dear Everyone, as you know the price of the Oil is more and more increasing, while the oil supply is decreasing. Moreover Oil is causing wars, terror, oil spills, a lot of greenhouse gases. Do you know that there is plenty of natural gas ? The supply will last for many decades, probably for hundred years. A lot o... 28 Jun 2010 18:22
USB Microphone, OpenAL, UT2004
Hello. I recently acquired a Snowball USB Microphone and although it works on the operating system level and most applications it is not working with Unreal Tournament 2004 (UT2004). It works with Enemy Territory:Quake Wars, which does not work with any mic, ever. (Two small changes to its configuration ... 17 Jul 2010 07:39
pulseaudio: how to mute front speakers only
Hi, I want to mute the frontspeakers of my laptop only but keep the headphones output active where my amplifier is connected to. But when I click on the loadspeaker symbol in the panel and select "mute" both front speakers and headphone output get muted. Any pointers to a solution welcome. --Frank Els... 28 Jun 2010 15:02
Easy CPIO question
I use CPIO to extract files from some old backups. I use the --no-absolute-filenames option so that I can extract (as a non-root user) to the current directory (since the archive was made with full pathnames [starting with /]). Everything works fine, except that CPIO generates a message: cpio: Removing leadi... 27 Jun 2010 17:11
K3B stalls writing Enhanced CD
I've tried to write an enhanced CD (audio first, then a data track). It doesn't work. Instead it stalls after writing the audio. Right now I'm running Mandriva 2010.0 on this machine with k3b-1.70.0-0.beta1.3.4mdv2010.0 to do the buring. The same hardware used to burn enhanced CDs just fine when I ran an earl... 30 Jun 2010 23:06