First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Cloning a Windows system?
A friend wants to expand her C: drive from 200Mb to 500Mb which would involve cloning the system disk to a new drive. She is running XP. I have absolutely no experience with Windows so I am unable to help/advise her. Is there a linux rescue CD that I can use to do the cloning or should she buy some proprietary so... 2 Aug 2010 19:09
NFS hangs in spite of intr option when connection is lost
I have a read only, hard, NFS mount to a remote machines NFS exported dir. But sometimes the remote machine is down. In such a scenario if a ls is attempted on the NFS dir from the client then the session hangs. I thought the intr option was a way to fix this. But it still doesn't work. i.e. Ctrl+C doesn't g... 30 Jul 2010 22:55
html to video?
Hello, we have an html page with a rather lengthy vertical scrollbar, and I'm wondering what type of tools might allow me to create a video scroll of the rendered html so that the resultant video file might be included on a DVD structure? ... 29 Jul 2010 14:04
What is the "market share" of the different Filesystems (ext3,ext4, Reiser, JFS, XFS, VxFS). Make a guess
Peter Hanke wrote: I wonder what the "market shares" is of all the filesystems out there in the real Linux world: (ext3, ext4, Reiser, JFS, XFS, VxFS) Ok there are no exact statistics. But make a guess. What would you think? Are there at least any rough guidelines depending on the distribution? E... 30 Jul 2010 21:50
What is the "market share" of the different Filesystems (ext3, ext4, Reiser, JFS, XFS, VxFS). Make a guess
I wonder what the "market shares" is of all the filesystems out there in the real Linux world: (ext3, ext4, Reiser, JFS, XFS, VxFS) Ok there are no exact statistics. But make a guess. What would you think? Are there at least any rough guidelines depending on the distribution? E.g. Ubuntu 98% ext4 or RedHa... 30 Jul 2010 17:27
How to mount ALL partitions of a new hard disc at once?
Assume I have an external hard disc which I connect to my local computer. After boot of my Linux (Ubuntu) the new hard disc appears in /dev as /dev/sdb /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdb2 /dev/sdb5 So as far as I can see the hard disc /dev/sdb has three parititons: /sdb1 /sdb2 and /sdb5 I can mount them now individually... 28 Jul 2010 10:45
How do I revert from software RAID back to separate partitions?
On 5/4/2010, Robert Heller wrote: At Tue, 04 May 2010 12:41:25 -0700 Robbie Hatley wrote: ... What I need to do is to just break a Linux software RAID array, preferably without interfering with *any* of the existing operating systems. Does anyone here know how to do that? ... ... use... 1 Aug 2010 17:00
locate, updatedb and NFS mounted filesystems
Our /home dir is mounted via NFS from another server. Whenever I try to run "locate" to search for a file it doesn't find it. Of course, if I login to the server where the data physically resides then locate does find the date. How can I get locate on the machine to also find the data that resides on the ot... 4 Aug 2010 02:46
How do I find out which filesystem (ext3, ext4, Reiser, JFS,XFS, VxFS, ZFS) is currently used?
> How can I find out from cmdline terminal which filesystem (ext3, ext4, Reiser, JFS, XFS, VxFS) is currently used on the local Linux system? Use cmdline utility "mount" with no arguments. Or, "cat /proc/mounts". Does your suggested command work on all Linux distributions (Debian, Redhat,...) or even Sola... 27 Jul 2010 13:56
How do I find out which filesystem (ext3, ext4, Reiser, JFS, XFS, VxFS, ZFS) is currently used?
How can I find out from cmdline terminal which filesystem (ext3, ext4, Reiser, JFS, XFS, VxFS) is currently used on the local Linux system? Does your suggested command work on all Linux distributions (Debian, Redhat,...) or even Solaris? Assume I mount a second hard disc. Can this second filesystem different ... 30 Jul 2010 07:29