First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Are there any MySQL queries or software packages for "finding similar items"
Ignoramus12110: .... So... Any suggestion for software to ran strings by similarity and provide "top 5" or something like that? All I can come up with is Levenshtein (not much experience using it, though). May I suggest you use "levenshtein mysql" or "levenshtein php" as a search phrase? -- Erick ... 6 Jul 2010 11:09
Are there any MySQL queries or software packages for "findingsimilar items"
I have a MySQL database of answered algebra questions. Questions are stored as text strings. Examples are ``two dice are rolled. find the odds that the score on the dice is either 10 or at most 5'' ``if x is the first of three consecutive even intethe product of twice a number and three is the same as the dif... 7 Jul 2010 07:56
How do I increase the monitor resolution??
I just installed Fedora. Have always used Red Hat Enterprise Edition and had the same problem in the past. I am trying to set up the networking parameters. When I click on the Ethernet dialog, it is so large that I cannot see the bottom part (boy, talk about crappy coding!). My monitor has high resolution, b... 5 Jul 2010 14:25
Re (2): What am I doing wrong ?
In article <hvqvf1$36o$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, Tauno Voipio <tauno.voipio(a)notused.fi.invalid> wrote: no.top.post(a)gmail.com wrote: Is this OS operating correctly ? [root(a)localhost Legal]# ls *op ls: *op: No such file or directory [root(a)localhost Legal]# ls *op* Apr26Ltop ... 12 Jul 2010 20:43
What happened to sun & java?
Some time back I read that 'sun was being sold'. Previously I read that java was one of the most used languages. And from the launch of java, till recently, there were several versions, which was annoying, since whenever I wanted to test a java-based tool, it needed the latest java version which I didn't have. ... 30 Jul 2010 10:46
Pan Signature
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 19:27:59 +0000, SINNER wrote: you have this set incorrectly in Pan, unless that is what you want displayed, if not, you need to Pan to use a FILE instead of the text you typed in. Yeah. There might be a bug in the version of pan that I am using. I have chosen to use a file, but it ou... 4 Jul 2010 03:38
Converting an ext3 filesystem to ext4
> I'd like to convert my ext3 filesystem to ext4 ... Borrow or buy an external USB2.0 harddrive that is big enough. Create an ext4 partition on the external drive, transfer from the existing ext3 to the new ext4, then see what you have. If you like it, then delete the old internal ext3, create a new ext4 in its... 6 Jul 2010 20:02
"pfexec" als replacement for "sudo" only available for Solaris?
As I learned a new command "pfexec" is introduced (at least) in Solaris. Is there a similar, advanced "sudo" available for Linuxes (e.g. Ubuntu) available as well? How do I install it? Peter ... 5 Jul 2010 16:39
Suggest uses for old computers
Some time ago I set up an old 1.4G Celeron machine to organize and play mp3 files. That worked out so well I upgraded the motherboard and graphics card and it now serves as an A/V server. It outputs HDMI and I use a wireless keyboard/mouse as controls. I now use the old Celeron machine as a dedicated torrents ... 4 Jul 2010 00:25
Strange problems with socket back-connection - ECONNREFUSEDerror
On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 00:28:19 -0700 (PDT) realto <dranyamlr(a)gmail.com> wrote: .... realto ------> *plonk* -- The human mind ordinarily operates at only ten percent of its capacity - the rest is overhead for the operating system. <<< Remove YOURSHOES to email me >>> ... 2 Jul 2010 04:45