First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
/etc/crontab not running jobs on debian lenny - SOLVED
Hi, Quick update on this. Cron WAS correctly running the logwatch job. The problem was that I did not receive the --mailto output because the message was being caught by Spam Assassin, and silently dropped. It seems that some of the email addresses being reported by logwatch were being caught by some do... 27 Jul 2010 07:18
Compatibility of software between different Linuxdistributions/versions?
["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.misc.] On 2010-07-26, Peter Hanke <peter_ha(a)andres.net> wrote: I am wondering if resp. how much compatibility there is between different Linux distributions for a certain (non built-in/kernel) software. Let's take one sample: I would like to install the (fr... 27 Jul 2010 13:56
HOW2 search/grep multiple strings ?
Someone kindly provided the following very useful one-liner to find all <recent> files containing 'a string':- find ./ -ctime -2 -exec grep -l "a string" {} \; Now I want command/s to find files containing MULTIPLE strings like: "dog", "cat", "fish" == TIA ... 8 Aug 2010 11:13
No internet from SuSE 11.3
Hi everybody, Recently I installed SuSE 11.3 and everything is working fine but when I started to configure SaMBa, I had to turn firewall off: now my workstation is visible within the current workgroup ( LAN with WinXP workstations) but I cannot access internet. I can access the router IP (192.168.1.254) and I c... 3 Aug 2010 20:14
How does (the current) 'ldd' command work?
I'm looking at the current version of 'ldd' (in Debian and Debian-like distros). It is implemented as a shell script, and I am trying to figure out what the actual active line(s) is/are. Now, the "poor man's ldd" is simply: /lib/ld-linux.so.2 --list <binary> I expected that the shell script version would p... 27 Jul 2010 11:43
Finding external USB drive spindown time
I have a collection of external USB hard drives that spin down if they have not been accessed in some time. The thing is, they seem to do it after different idle times. Is there a simple way to find out the idle time for a USB hard drive that triggers the spindown? I mean, other than doing it stopwatch in ... 25 Jul 2010 14:02
Linux Distro used for cracking win XP admin passwords
Hi all, see the full details here :- http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/ for a demo video :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul5Ss-yQlJI ... 25 Jul 2010 18:21
Video of my CNC, Linux controlled milling machine
This is a high end Bridgeport mill, which I bought for cheap due to a bad control. Control was parted out to recoup my cost. (it paid for the mill) It runs Ubuntu and a special CNC system called EMC2 (linuxcnc.org). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_hsFnjDveY I hope that you like it. This CNC stuff is act... 27 Jul 2010 19:29
Fishbone (Ishikawa) diagram Linux Software?
Does anyone know of Open Source software that will aid in the creation of fishbone (aka Ishikawa) diagrams? I'm not after drawing software. Rather, I'm after software that will aid in the root cause analysis process. Ideally, the diagram itself would allow for embedded hyperlinks which could take one to support... 22 Jul 2010 18:00
server, workstation services
Hi all, what is the linux equivalent services of server & workstation services in windows XP ? ... 4 Aug 2010 22:21