First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Ctalk 0.0.96a 20100606 Released
This release adds support for the use of C variables, receivers, and method parameters within expressions that are receivers of Ctalk methods. This allows programs to transparently overload C math operators when used within Ctalk expressions. This release also adds automatic code and object generation in metho... 6 Jun 2010 19:27
ANN: Seed7 Release 2010-06-06
Hello, I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20100606.tgz In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used when it brings advantages and not in plac... 6 Jun 2010 18:16
Seeking algorithm for *something like* subset sum problem
Consider this problem: A multiset M of positive integers is given. A "target" positive integer T is given. Problem: partition M into submultisets M_0, M_1, ..., M_n so that the sum of the numbers in each M_i is as close as possible to T. Is there an algorithm for solving this? Yes, clearly there i... 5 Jun 2010 15:48
HTML5, geolocation and privacy implications
It appears that the current HTML5 draft includes an API for geolocation[1], which appears to be proposed by Google, that enables site operators to monitor the location of those accessing their site by accessing information from sources such as GPS and network signals. Doesn't this constitute a security problem w... 5 Jun 2010 19:06
Q: Parallel processing for multi-precision arithmetics
This a a layman's question: If I don't err, multi-precision integer arithmetics are done with algorithms employing one accumulator. Would parallel processing exploiting multiple accumulators be advantageous and, if so, could someone give some references? Thanks. M. K. Shen ... 10 Jun 2010 12:15
Question about platform independent code and ANSI C compliantcode
bart.c wrote: <snip> It seems reasonable to be able to request 'a' to be exactly 16-bits on any machine, whether that is natural for the architecture on not. I'm not entirely convinced that that /is/ a reasonable request. It is perfectly reasonable to ask for it to be *at least* 16 bits. How, prec... 3 Jun 2010 13:23
high dimensional index structures for arbitrary distance/similarity functions (text mining)
Hi, i do similarity queries (kNN) in text mining using feature vectors as text representation. I'm new to this topic and wonder if there are any standard index structures which people use to speed up similarity/ distance queries. I know kNN in high dimensions is a research topic and there are sopisticated algor... 2 Jun 2010 16:28
Question about threads which share a function
I have a function defined as void foo(int* pIn, int* pOut). The function gets some data via pointer pIn and calculates some output data which is written to the array pointed to by pOut. In the calculation of the output, some local variables defined in foo are used. If I have two or more threads executing and th... 4 Jun 2010 23:32
Free Live Voice and Video Chat!Connect with Over 4 Million Members download now
Free Live Voice and Video Chat!Connect with Over 4 Million Members download now on http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-3714215-10516597 ... 2 Jun 2010 07:37
Question about platform independent code and ANSI C compliant code
Hi, I am going to implement an algorithm in ANSI C. I also have to provide an API for the algorithm. I am using Bloodsheed's Dev-C++ (ver. 4.9.9.2) IDE and I added the compiler command -ansi in "Compiler Options" and changed "Support all ANSI standard C programs" from "No" to "Yes". Is the above sufficien... 8 Jun 2010 06:55
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last