First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
freeBSD and compilers
I find for most applications the same is true of 32 bit. Fortunately x86 maintains multiple widths of working registers from 8 bits up, which can be taken good advantage of in some cases. For my work, probably half of my variable can be held in 8 bits. Probably 40% require 16 bits and less than 1... 6 May 2010 10:45
Converting from 0 and 1 to -1 and 1
Hi everybody, There's a function that basically returns an integer, either 0 or 1, but I'd like it to return -1 or 1. Obviously I can't alter the function itself, otherwise there wouldn't be a problem. The simplest solution would be to just check for the value with an if statement, like so: if function = 0... 15 May 2010 12:36
Overhead of Disk Read and write , Input/ output , etc
Hello all , For this problem i did a lot of searching but didn't get much.... I wanted to know on modern machines ( PC's i mean say X86 one) what is the average number of machine cycles required to read/write a character to IDE disks (say in a log file) ? And for printing a character to stdout ...and also the ... 3 May 2010 15:21
ANN: Seed7 Release 2010-05-02
Hello, I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20100502.tgz In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used when it brings advantages and not in plac... 2 May 2010 16:27
Parallel Compression Library 1.24
Hello, I have also updated my Parallel Compression Library to version 1.24. Welcome: http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/ Sincerely, Amine Moulay Ramdane. ... 2 May 2010 05:31
Parallel Sort Library 2.0 ...
Hello, Parallel Sort Library 2.0 Author: Amine Moulay Ramdane Description: Parallel Sort Library that supports Parallel Quicksort, Parallel HeapSort and Parallel MergeSort on Multicores systems. Parallel Sort Library 2.0 uses my Thread Pool Engine and quicksort many array parts - of your array... 2 May 2010 05:31
Cheap Software Offers!
We have best software prices, visit us at http://cheaphsoft4u.com/?rid=107 ... 1 May 2010 05:28
"Why Scripting Is Evil" -- comments?
> Erik Troan [has written on a web log] Can you imagine if the architect had to write a detailed list of instructions describing how to build a building? Down to what kind of screws to use to hold up the drywall and what kind of drill should be used to put them in place? I don't need to ... 4 May 2010 06:47
Finding the common elements in two strings .
Problem: Given two strings S1 & S2 , return the common elements in both the strings ?? One way I thought is to take a b-bit vector ( assuming the range of elements in the strings is 0-b) ...now in the first pass through the string S1 set all those bit positions that have an element equal to them . i.e set i'th b... 4 May 2010 19:04
Analysis of detecting loops in a singly linked list.
Hello all , I tried to analyse the (fast/slow ) pointer method of detecting loops in a linked list.. Here we have two pointers one S growing one at a time (by s=s->next) and the other F growing 2 at a time(by F=F->next->next),,,, both start at the head of the list and the procedure returns true when a loop is de... 3 May 2010 03:21