First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336
Data to Date conversion with multiple formats
I have a single column of data that includes dates in two formats: mddyy mddyy hh:mm I tried using the Data>Text-to-Columns... with mdy to change them to dates. It worked for the mddyy data, but it messed up the mddyy hh:mm data. I need to convert these so I can sort them by year>month>day>hour>minute. ... 27 Jan 2010 00:31
Permutations with conflicting groups
Hi, I wish to find only the number of permutations of the following example. There are 4 employees who are able to perform different tasks. If they are working one task, they cannot work on another. Task#1 Task#2 Task#3 ****** Alice Alice Betty Betty Betty Carol Carol ****** Denise ****** *****... 27 Jan 2010 21:43
Format Rows
We have a shared spreadsheet. Someone changed all the row heights and other formatting options and I want to change them back. My question is (for Excel 2007) once you've done something on cell A1000000 does that increase the file size significantly? I can't just copy the populated cells in the worksheet to ... 26 Jan 2010 21:14
"Read Only" error when attempting to open EXCEL file
I keep a time sheet in an excel file and keep it both on my home computer hard drive and on a pocket jump drive. I use the jump drive version at client locations and then copy to my hard drive when I return home. Yesterday I attempted to access the jump drive version and got the following error msg.: " 'mm.xls... 27 Jan 2010 01:36
Pivot Chart to MSWord?
My Excel 2007 workbook will have over 150 pivot charts at completion. There will be 3 charts per US state which must result in a Word document for each state. How can I get the charts to Word without copy/pasting each one? ... 26 Jan 2010 17:48
Can you lock a drop-down cell so that it sorts with the row?
I have created drop-down cells (type of business) for my client contact list but when I sort that list alphabetically or by last contacted date the drop-down cells don't sort with it. How can I solve that issue? Thanks for the responses! ... 26 Jan 2010 18:57
Pivot Table Values as a % of a Subtotal
Hi! I have a pivot table that is summarizing sales data by "facility type" and then "product category". I want to present the data with each value shown as a % of the relevant subtotal (depending on which facility type and product category it happens to be in)...not of the column as a whole. Is this possible... 26 Jan 2010 16:40
Make a Template Available to Multiple Users
I have a template that I created in Excel 2003. I would like to make that template available to all users on our Network, but I'm not sure where to copy it so that it will be easily accessible to all users when they select File/New. It seems like there used to be an option that graphically showed all availab... 26 Jan 2010 15:33
Projected date in Excel
I am trying to determine a formula to work out an estimated projected date in the future that an account will reach a certain balance. Because the amounts credited are random in date and amount, I need to simplify things by assuming that the next amount credited will be an average (mean) of all credits to the accou... 26 Jan 2010 15:33
Grouping Years in a Pivot table
"Ailish" wrote: Hi I have mastered groups dates by year in my pivot table, but I would like to group them further in groups of 5 years. Any ideas? Using Excel 2003 Thanks Ailish ... 26 Jan 2010 15:33