First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
July programming challenge
Just a reminder to everybody, there are only 5 days left to enter the challenge. Only two entries have been received so far, so it's still easy to win. Even if the goods are odd, the odds are good! Regards, Eric Rechlin "Eric Rechlin" <eric(a)hpcalc.org> wrote in message news:880a71FppjU1(a)mid.individua... 26 Jul 2010 10:31
hp's WebOS as a platform for future calculators?
Just a though about the posibilities... ... 26 Jul 2010 18:16
compiling entries with tablegenp.exe
The extable library comes with the program tablegenp.exe, which was apparently written for Delphi. In order to make EC compatible with extable, I need to remove the following code: // remove duplicates in the sorted by adr list i:= 0; j:= 0; while j<nbext do if (j<nbext-1) and (s3[j].value=s3[... 23 Jul 2010 18:01
How to Create Warning Icon in MSGBOX HP 49G+
Hello, I'd like to create a message box with a warning icon along with the text string "Invalid Syntax" exactly like the one you see if you try to ENTER the # character by itself. In The HP 48 Handbook on page 200 there is a program that uses DoMsgBox but my limited knowledge of Sys-RPL programming tells me ... 30 Jul 2010 21:50
Firmware load location
I'm trying to figure out where/how the firmware is loaded on the hp50g. From the documentation for the processor it looks like the bootloader starts execution at 0x4000 (FLASH, I think). Where does the firmware get mapped in memory? And, if it doesn't get mapped to 0x4000, how can I find the code that is at 0x40... 22 Jul 2010 19:08
UBASE: The Bug ... still there after all these years!
As John Meyers so elequently put it nearly TWELVE BLOODY YEARS AGO: "Yes, there *is* a UBASE bug!" It bit me last night, and took me several hours to track down. Since I've not seen any mention of it lately, I thought I'd do so (and maybe reduce my level of frustration with HP's inability to fix problems ov... 3 Aug 2010 04:53
Little logarithm problem
I was recently faced with a little problem, to solve log(x, 64) = 10 for x (i.e. base x logarithm of 64 equals 10). All I got from my old HP48SX was the approximate value and at the time I got stuck with e^(ln(64)/10) and didn't get to the simplest solution (x=2^(3/5) or XROOT(5,8)). Would a HP50G have serve... 17 Jul 2010 07:39
a crafty solution to a key problem
Recently, I reported that one of the keys on my calculator quit functioning properly. It turned out that the problem was that the tiny post under the key that presses against the dome switch was much shorter than the posts under the other keys. Somehow, I needed to lengthen the post. I thought of just putting a... 15 Jul 2010 09:51
HHC 2010
Fort Collins, Colorado, was such a well-received location for HHC 2009 that it was decided to hold HHC 2010 there too. It will be on the last weekend of September (25-26) 2010, kindly hosted by Hewlett Packard again. If you are a real fan of HP programmable handhelds, you'll love atttending HHC 2010 (aka HHC MMX,... 13 Jul 2010 19:43
Stephen Wolfram's book, "A New Kind of Science" gives us three (3) very important facts:
Stephen Wolfram's book, "A New Kind of Science" gives us three (3) very important facts: 1. Mathematics can only explain simple things. 2. You need a model to explain complicated things. 3. But - a simple model can explain complicated things. It looks to me like we have a PHASE model here. "in phase att... 12 Jul 2010 22:55
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13