First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Laptop HDD
Hi, A few days ago the primary HDD in my laptop (Pavilion DV7), decided that it was taking a permanent break, so I am forced to replaced it and I would like to know what you think of the Seagate ST95005620AS Momentus XT 500GB Solid State Hybrid Drive -- Thank You in Advance Merci a l'avance Martin ... 21 Jul 2010 19:06
Working theory: Power supply is underserving video card
I've got an older Pentium 4 system that's been a little crashy. For a variety of reasons that I won't bore you with unless you ask, I suspect that my power supply isn't enough to power my video card. Here's some of the hardware involved: Motherboard http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&pr... 16 Jul 2010 12:05
Options for connecting two computers with USB?
I want to connect two computers with USB 3.0 and run IPv4 over USB. Seems to be easier said than done. How can I make a PC into a USB device? I can't find PCI cards or similar that will make the PC act as a USB device rather than a USB host. Do I have to wait until someone is kind enough to make a cable with a devi... 15 Jul 2010 19:48
keyboard doesn't work, then does
Keyboard doesn't work, then does WinXP Hi, I don't know what group would be best for this, but it's hardware related so I chose you. (I hope you feel honored.) Yesterday was a heavy rainstorm, no thunder that I recall, and no lighting that I saw out the window, but two very short power failures. One s... 29 Jul 2010 21:47
Which Audio spec ?
I'm looking at 2 new mid-tower cases. One has I/O jack that supports AC97 audio and the other supports HD Audio. I'm confused as to which one is most necessary? If it supports one, does it support the other? (I've seen one with the following: 'supports AC97/HD Audio'). Would this be 2 separate connections to t... 13 Jul 2010 19:42
Question about Intel Pentium XE 820
PC WIZARD tells me that this CPU is: Intel Pentium XE 820 @ 2800 MHz I have researched the XE 820 and wonder if my CPU is double core? How would I tell? Just curious. It is on a Dell 0HJ054 board. Thanks Duke ... 12 Jul 2010 15:08
Stephen Wolfram's book, "A New Kind of Science" gives us three(3) very important facts:
On Sunday, July 11th, 2010 at 16:16:34h -0700, Fitz wrote: (Click link below.) http://www.amperefitz.com/in.phase.attract.htm The font chosen for these web pages reflects the scientific depths and lack of arguments presented most succintly. font face="Comic Sans MS ..." ... 11 Jul 2010 21:34
SM Bus Controller
I am working on an eMachine T5062 which originally had 32 bit Vista installed on it. The owner wants XP and provided a new XP Pro CD to install it with. I checked on the eMachine (Gateway) site and found that they had the XP drivers for video and audio listed so I went ahead and did the install. I had to use th... 11 Jul 2010 09:21
Spacebar
The Spacebar, due to its distinctive shape and length, is probably the most prone to sticky substance (e.g. Coke)-caused slow responsiveness, as a single sticky point can slow down the whole bar. Also, unlike the Enter key, the Spacebar doesn't have a duplicate. I think keyboard manufacturers can horizontally d... 8 Jul 2010 12:28
Using the desktop replacement WUXGA screen for the TV
Hello group I am planning to watch TV by using the LCD screen of my 17 inch laptop. How will I do this ? I have never done any interconnection between the TV and my Laptop... I just want to watch high definition shows using my better resolution laptop screen instead of the old CRT TV screen which produces an ofte... 8 Jul 2010 19:11
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13