First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Reading HD IDE as Slave without Master
Hi all, I guess it's impossible, but I have an old IDE hd (Quantum Sirocco), without jumpers - so set as Slave - I'd like to read on a motherboard without any other Master IDE device. Unofrtunately I can't set it as Master, I don't have a suitable jumper because it has an odd configuration, not the classica... 5 Jul 2010 06:41
Apple stunned....
http://www.manufacturing.net/News-Wrong-iPhone-Bars-Stuns-Apple-070210.aspx http://xrl.in/5rif bob ... 2 Jul 2010 13:30
BSODs on C2SEA (was Re: Supermicro C2SEA problems with Windows 7)
Bolwerk wrote: Gene E. Bloch wrote: Some motherboards require special Windows drivers (or at least that was true for me a few years ago). You might have to check into that at the manufacturer's site. As I recall, Windows provides an opportunity to install drivers during installation of the OS... 2 Jul 2010 13:30
Supermicro C2SEA problems with Windows 7
I have a homemade box with a Supermicro C2SEA mainboard and installed Windows 7 on it. I had a major problems with BSODs, which seemed to partially subside after I installed a few updates. But I continued to have problems. I decided to try to upgrade the BIOS using the relevant link on SuperMicro's site: ... 3 Jul 2010 13:27
SSD For Old Computer
I have this 11-year old PC and I am thinking about upgrading it by installing an SSD (SATA). The motherboard is a TYAN S1854 Trinity 400 Rev. 1.07. The BIOS is Award Modular v4.51PG. The operating system is Windows XP Professional SP3. Since this is an old PC, the motherboard does not have SATA ports, s... 8 Jul 2010 08:02
Password protected laptop HDDs?
I have a friend who is the IT guy for a company. Recently he was tasked with disposing of several EOL (for them) laptops and company policy for them is to remove and destroy (big hammer...) the HDDs and then pass on the rest of the machine to the IT reseller company which they always deal with. I couldn't bear to... 3 Jul 2010 10:06
Pentium 4 Northwood Cooler Suggestions
I posted to this group many years ago, needing advice on a cpu cooler for a Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz Prescott cpu. I received the advice to purchase a Zalman CNPS9500A LED. I have upgraded since than, and now I would like to build a budget system to run some of my low-profile applications. The system I am building... 1 Jul 2010 12:11
Having trouble connecting to wireless network
When I start up my desktop computer, it doesn't connect to my wireless internet. I have to go to "connect to" and do it manually, then it works fine. My laptop does what it's supposed to, so I'm sure it's not a problem with the wireless router. Any suggestions? I'm using Vista home premium, 64 bit. ... 30 Jun 2010 23:05
tape as an archival medium
Hi all, I used tapes aplenty back in the 1990's. They were a relatively cheap way to save your data; obviously, slow if you had to access it. And after 2-3 years they would usually go flaky (I am talking 4mm and 8mm tapes). Now I am wondering if anybody has had any recent experience with them and what they im... 1 Jul 2010 06:39
motherboard beeps like ambulance (more complex problem) - helpappreciated!
Peter Able wrote: "bj" <spillout99(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message news:i09ijn$899$1(a)news.net.icm.edu.pl... Good morning, I had my PC repaired recently; the guy who came replaced the motherboard and the graphics card. Afterwards, I found that he had put in a weaker processor (AMD Athlon 2000... 28 Jun 2010 06:14