First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Using LCD TV as PC Monitor
want to use an LCD TV as a monitor - 32" is all I have room for. If anyone hear has experience of doing this and knows a little about resolutions etc I would like some advice. I went to PCWorld and persuaded them to connect my Netbook (Advent 4211C or MSI Wind) to a LG LH5000, and we seemed to get a good pict... 27 Mar 2010 13:05
Call for papers (Deadline Extended): HPCS-10, USA, July 2010
It would be highly appreciated if you could share this announcement with your colleagues, students and individuals whose research are in parallel computing, distributed systems, operating systems, computer architecture, grid-computing, VLSI, and related areas. Call for papers (Deadline Extended): HPCS-10, USA, J... 26 Mar 2010 11:55
comment on Toshibe Satallite laptop recovery
Hi, This is just an FYI and hopefully will save somebody some time one day. I got a call last night from a friend whose Tosiba Satalite's XP got corrupted to the point where he couldn't get to his desktop, it endlessly looped. He had a recovery disk but couldn't get it to work. I remembered reading somewhere ... 26 Mar 2010 10:20
Software Conundrum, Clarkdale
I build a little desktop system for personal use every 3-4 years. The one I'm running will be 4 in June, and it's getting "long in the tooth". I don't game. I've got my eye on a Clarkdale i5-660 and an H57 board. I can likely sort out most of the hardware issues, but ... is anyone running, say, a Clarkdale *wit... 30 Apr 2010 18:30
Best quality motherboards for AMD
Who makes the best quality motherboards for AMD CPUs with all solid polymer capacitors? Which maker has the lowest number of defective motherboards and the lowest number of early failures? Which maker has the longest lasting motherboards? Which company has the best customer support? Are Gigabyte and ASUS the ... 2 Apr 2010 02:47
Proposed new build
I'm scoping a cheap system to replace the one I assembled four years ago, which chokes on blu ray movies. Here is what I came up with: Board Asus M4A77TD $ 84 CPU AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition $105 RAM Corsair XMS3 DHX 2 GB - 1600 MHz (PC3-12800) $ 59 Graphics card 1GB HP/Asus Radeon Hd 4850 DD... 26 Mar 2010 00:17
Vote--> which is safer: Windows with all updates OR naked Linux?
Some misguided dude made this statement: ***************** whether Linux would be inherently more secure than Windows and whether--this is the point--it would require AV/ Firewall protection. I say yes, if and when (never) it ever got 90% market share like Windows. No, it would not need AV. No OS s... 28 Mar 2010 14:32
Seriously, has anybody ever seen a serious virus problem in Windowswhen using AV protection?
On 3/23/2010 2:49 PM, Peter Köhlmann wrote: Buffalo wrote: Peter K�hlmann wrote: RayLopez99 wrote: Seriously, has anybody seen--or even heard--of a serious virus (including rootkit or malware) problem in Windows when using commercial antivirus protection? Yes ... 26 Mar 2010 01:24
Seriously, has anybody ever seen a serious virus problem in Windows when using AV protection?
RayLopez99 wrote: OK fine. So somebody caught a nasty virus. Perhaps they did not have AV software, perhaps they accidentally clicked on a button that installed it. Lots of possibilities here, it proves nothing. Just one data point of a possibly stupid person, possibly negligent. People seem to ... 23 Mar 2010 17:07